chapter thirteen

"He's awake," Crimson said to her friends. Their faces quickly contorted into huge smiles.

"Really?!" Luna asked, elated.

"Don't celebrate, Luna."

"What? Why?"

"Because it's not all good news."

"Huh? Crim, what happened?"

"You're probably wondering why we called you here, Miss Presley," the doctor said.

"Yeah, I am, so stop making it all suspenseful and get to the point," Crimson said, already fed up with the doctor.

"I apologise. You see, Marcus has woken up, but it's not all good news..."

"What? Is he, like, vegetated or something?"

"No. It took him a little while to get used to his body, but he can use it."

"So what's up?"

"Marcus lost his memory. He can remember a few things, like his name, and birthday. Mainly stuff about himself. It took a minute, but he remembers his mom. We showed him a picture of his dad, but he doesn't remember him, probably because he doesn't see him much."

"Does he remember me?"

"He doesn't remember any of his friends."

"But I've known him pretty much his whole life!"

"You were also separated for a few years. Don't get me wrong, Crimson, we don't think he'll stay this way forever. He's slowly but surely remembering little things, but we always tell people to prepare themselves for the worst, just in case."

"That's not a very optimistic approach."

"We see people die everyday. Are we meant to be optimistic?"

"Holy shit," Tom said, "Are you okay?"

Crimson just shook her head, causing Tom to pull her in for a hug. She began to cry into his chest, and every else eventually joined in the hug, too.

The rest of the group had all gotten close to Marcus since Crimson introduced them, so him not remembering them hurt them all. Luna especially.

When they pulled apart, they sat down on Luna's couch, the two girls still crying. Bill wrapped his arm around Crimson, which she accepted, laying her head on his shoulder. Other than Marcus, Bill was definitely her closest friend.

"Me and Marcus had a date planned," Luna said, "It was meant to be the day after the incident. We had a restaurant booked, and we were gonna go watch some shitty horror movie."

"You still can," Crimson said, "His memory isn't gone forever, it's just gonna take some time." Luna nodded.

"Did you go and see him?" Georg asked, "After they told you, I mean."

Crimson shook her head. "I couldn't. Not while the news was still raw. I'm gonna go tomorrow, and I think you guys should come with. Or just Luna, at the least."

"We'll all come," Gustav said. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Thank you, guys."

Soon enough, they got to talking about their usual stuff. The band, parties, other people in their school. Despite the 'normality', there was still an underlying sadness in the air emitting from each of them.

 Despite the 'normality', there was still an underlying sadness in the air emitting from each of them

Crimson eventually went home, Tom walking with her considering it was fairly dark.

"Is something happening with you and Bill?" He asked.

Crimson shook her head. "No, why would you think that?"

"I don't know, just the way you guys are with each other."

"Bill's my best friend, nothing more. Why would you care, anyway?"

"Don't flatter yourself, Red. Bill's my brother, and I thought he was hiding something from me. That's all."

"Mhm..."

"You don't believe me?"

"I didn't say that."

"You may as well have."

"But I didn't."

"You think I'd be jealous if you started dating Bill?"

"I didn't say that, either."

"You implied it."

"No, that's just how you interpreted it."

Crimson smirked, Tom could tell she was trying to get under his skin. He liked this side of her, the flirty side that he'd never seen. Still, she was actually making him question things. Surely he didn't like her. She was hot, sure, but he'd never really like-liked anyone, and he wasn't starting now.

As they got to Crimson's door, Tom turned to her.

"Thanks for walking me," Crimson said, "Although I think I'd rather have Bill-"

Tom suddenly grabbed Crimson's face, making her squeal slightly as he brought her lips to his, kissing her deeply.

"See?" Tom said as he pulled away, "Second time we've kissed. Nothing. You're pretty speechless, though."

"As if. Goodnight, Tom."

"Night, Red."

Crimson turned around and unlocked her door, feeling Tom look her up and down. Once she got into the house, Tom walked away, playing with his lip piercing as he walked back to his own house.

That was just a kiss. Just a normal kiss. He'd kissed tons of girls. It was just a kiss. Right?

bold move thomas!

bold move thomas!

sorry i haven't updated this in a bit, i've mainly been working on the bill book. for every1 that wanted even for the fc, i did avril but devon is the fc for one of the other ocs in the book!!