chapter fifty-nine

"Tom's at the airport," Aiden said. He'd called Tom over the second he'd found out about Crimson, despite her protests.

"I don't know if I can see him," Crimson said.

"You have to," Audrey said, "You need help. He's your boyfriend, he can help you. And he has a right to know how you're doing."

"He invited Bill," Ray said.

"What?!" Crimson yelled. She didn't want Tom to know, now Bill knew? Who else had they told?

"He didn't tell Bill. He just said he was coming to visit you, so he asked Bill if he wanted to tag along to see m- the rest of us. They barely spend time apart, it'd look weird if just Tom came over."

"Right. Just- Don't tell Bill."

"Then don't make it so obvious that you're coked up 24/7," Aiden remarked. Audrey smacked him on the back of the head. "Ow."

"I'm not coked up right now."

"Congrats." Another hit from Audrey. "Bro, stop!"

"Then stop being an asshole," Audrey said, "Let's go, I think we've left the twins waiting long enough."

"Can I just wait here?" Crimson asked.

"What? You know Tom's just gonna come straight to your house, don't you-"

"It's not Tom. It's Bill. And, like, the paparazzi and stuff."

"Paparazzi?"

"I'm not stupid. People are catching on, they know what's happening. I'm not on anything right now, but i still look like shit, it's just gonna stir more drama."

"Right," Ray said, "We'll drop Tom off."

Crimson was lying on her couch when Tom walked in

Crimson was lying on her couch when Tom walked in. She'd left the door unlocked for him.

"Red?" He asked. She sat up and looked at him. He looked like he'd had no sleep, like he'd been crying. Was this because of her?

"Hey," she said, smiling.

"That's it? Hey?"

"Tom-"

He seemed mad, but he instantly calmed down, talking softly. "Did you feel like you couldn't tell me?"

"Not just you, Tom. Everyone."

Tom put his suitcase by the door, walking over to sit next to Crimson. "You can tell me anything, Red, especially this. I've seen it before, I've seen what it can do to you, I- it might sound selfish, I don't wanna find you like that again."

"You won't."

"How am I meant to know that? I thought I wouldn't, I thought you'd stopped, then Aiden called and- and- God. I can't stand this."

"I'm sorry."

"I know you are. I know. But what's that doing for me, baby? What's that doing for you? You need to heal."

"I'm gonna try. I don't want a lecture, Tom. I've gotten that from the others. I just- I just need you."

Crimson hugged Tom and he pulled her onto his lap, letting her cry onto his shoulder. He stroked her back, shushing her.

"We'll get through this. You'll get through this."

short chapter