chapter fifty-six

When everyone else got back to the twins' house after their walk, Aiden and Tom walked towards Bill's room. Tom took a second to listen in, not wanting in interrupt anything.

When he was met with silence, he slowly opened the door to see Bill and Ray lay in bed. Bill had his back to Aiden and Tom, his head resting on Ray's exposed chest. His shoulders were shiny, likely from sweat. The rest of the boys bodies were covered up, but Aiden and Tom could just about make out the shape of Ray's arm wrapped around Bill's waist.

"They'll be okay, right?" Tom whispered to Aiden, as if he had all the answers. The truth was Aiden didn't know. He knew people wouldn't agree, and it would honestly be scary for the two, but he could also sense the genuine feelings they shared.

"I think they will. I hope so."

They closed the door and walked downstairs to everyone else. Crimson was sat on the couch next to Marcus. Tom laughed as Marcus moved over, sitting down before he'd even fully moved.

"Jesus, Tom, nearly sat on my lap," Marcus said.

"My legs are tired," Tom complained, "I couldn't wait."

It was their last day together before Crimson went  home

It was their last day together before Crimson went  home. It was spent lazing round, holding each other, Crimson wrapped up in Tom's arms, until they got up to shower.

They could tell that neither of them was actually in the mood for sex, they just needed to be together all night. They showered together, washing their own bodies and each others backs. At the end, Tom pulled Crimson into him.

"You know, I haven't heard you speak German in a while."

Crimson smiled. Since she'd gone back to England, her German had gotten worse. She could still speak it a bit, using it in a few interviews her and there, but it wasn't her primary language like it used to be. Still, she switched her language, knowing it would make him happy.

"I haven't?"

Tom smiled. He loved her accent. It wasn't prominent, but a bit of English slightly poked through the German words. He thought it was the cutest thing ever.

"I missed that," he whispered.

They stayed in that position for a while, holding each other, giving occasional kisses as the water trickled over them, until they decided it was time to get out.

Crimson dried her hair slightly, before leaving the rest to air dry, resulting in it becoming slightly curling rather than straight like it usually was. She sat down on the bed next to Tom, not hugging him, not saying anything.

"I like your hair like this," he said, twirling a strand around in his finger. She just smiled, said nothing. Tom moved his hand down to her thigh, which was exposed by her shorts. "Gonna miss you." He frowned as she still said nothing. "Red, what's-"

"I love you."

"I love you, too. Are you okay?"

Crimson nodded. "Just upset."

Tom smiled sadly. He moved downwards, resting his head in between Crimson's thighs. She ran her fingers through his dreads, occasionally bringing her hand down to rub his cheek with her thumb.

"You think we're gonna make it, Tom?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like, we're gonna move in together at some point. You think we're gonna last long enough to do that?"

"Yeah, I think so. No, I know so. We're together now, Red, you're my girlfriend, we can't be pulled apart of easily."

As she continued with one hand to stroke Tom's hair and face, she used the other to cross her fingers, praying what he said was true.