chapter thirty-two

okay guys i know i said at the start of this book that any german speaking will be in bold but i cba with that SO they're speaking german all the time except

crimson talking to family, marcus, ben or luna bc they're all native english speaker lol

Crimson lay in her bed alone. Her parents weren't home, and wouldn't be u tim the next morning as they were both working night shifts, so she was reasonably surprised when she heard her front door unlock and someone stepped inside.

The door was locked. She'd physically heard it unlock. Maybe one of her parents had left something in the house. They'd left not long ago, it'd make sense for them to come back.

"Mum? Dad?" Crimson called downstairs. She expected one of them to shout up, but was instead met with a voice she hadn't heard in a while, instantly recognising the Canadian accent.

"You know, I thought you would've at least moved house after everything that's happened."

Crimson said nothing back this time. She instead shot up from bed, throwing on the nearest shoes and not even bothering to tie the laces, instead just tucking them in. She could hear the painfully slow footsteps downstairs. If the voice wasn't evidence enough, those footsteps surely pointed to Ben. She opened up her window and ripped the covers off of her bedsheets, rooting through her drawers for anything to tie them to to make a long enough rope to get out of the window with. She thought about just jumping, but soon realised that would need horribly for her and her bones.

"I can hear you rushing around up there, don't bother. Even if you get out, I'll find you." She suddenly heard footsteps stop right in her doorway, turning around to see Ben. "Not that you will get out."

She ran for the window, her only hope being that she didn't break her bones so badly she couldn't run, but Ben grabbed her and pulled her back, slamming the window shut.

"How did you get in?" Crimson asked, not even bothering to struggle out of his grasp.

"Easy. Stabbed your dad, rifled through his pockets." Crimson's eyes widened. "I'm kidding! Jesus, you think I'd kill my future father in law? No, I just pickpocketed him. He's a fucking idiot, he didn't even realise how close I was behind him. I guess I'm lucky he walks to work, huh?"

"Leave me alone, Ben. We've been over for months, you've been missing for months."

"By missing, you mean plotting. Can I trust you enough to let go of you?" Crimson said nothing, and both of them knew she'd make a run for either the window or door the second she was free from his hold. Ben loosened the bear hug he had on her and instead harshly grabbed her wrist, pulling her over to her desk chair. He sat her down in it and pulled her arms behind her back, taping her wrists together with duct tape he pulled out of his pocket, then taping her own legs to the chair legs.

"You really think holding me hostage in my own bedroom is gonna somehow get me to take you back?"

"Not completely, no, but this is just a part of my plan. You see, I'm planning something big, with a few friends of mine. Felix was meant to be the main guy in my little drama show, but obviously he went to jail, but that's really not a bad thing, because I think he really was starting to actually like you."

"What?"

"Oh, Crimson, you thought he got with you because he had feelings for you? No, I put him up to it. See, he was meant to fake kidnap you, then bring you to me, and you and I could run away and live happily ever after, without me being incriminated in your disappearance. In return, I'd give Felix a huge sum of money, to save his father from bankruptcy. But I knew my plan had gone splat when he fucked you. That wasn't part of the plan. So I was gonna kill him, but you got rid of him for me. It's like you wanted me to come back."

"I wanted nothing less."

Ben laughed psychotically. "Too bad! Anyway, I hired a new friend to fill in Felix's role, his names Jordan. Nice guy, in the same situation as Felix with the whole father bankruptcy thing. It's always the rich businessmen with the crazy sons."

"So what happens now?"

"I'm not gonna tell you, you'd spill everything when your friends come and save you. Well, that's if you can get the duct tape off of your mouth. Point is, me and you end up together by the end."

"I'll never be with you," Crimson spat. As a consequence, she was met with a harsh backhand to the face, blood instantly pouring for her mouth.

"You won't have a choice."