Chapter 1: The Yellow Flower

Saffron's POV.

The moment I heard Erynn Wiggins' voice, I knew I was in trouble.

That band with the lead vocalist sounding like that, I'm sure they would be the next big thing. I have to be the journalist to get an exclusive interview. This would make or break my career and might even earn me that salary raise I've been asking for.

With this idea in mind, I got out of bed, ready to start another work day. It's only 6:30 am in the morning and I don't have to be at the office until 9am, but it's always better to start early, especially if I need something, and that something is a plane ticket to Berlin.

There's this upcoming Music Festival held in Berlin Anually, it marks the start of summer and it's a pretty big deal for music enthusiasts in Europe. Think Jingle Bell Ball but held in the Summertime.

I'm pretty sure Quirky Stevens will be one of the opening acts for this year. Impressive, considering that they have only been around for a little over a year.

I hopped in the shower and turned the heater on before going out to the sink to do my skincare routine and brush my teeth. I debated whether I should wash my hair or jut put it into a braid, but since I have extra time to work on it today, I decided to wash it and style it in simple beach waves around my shoulders.

I should really set that appointment at the salon, I've been meaning to dye my Copper brown hair into black again, everybody's been telling me to. Maybe once I get the greenlight to go to Berlin, then I'll dye it black before leaving.

After getting out of the shower, I put on a bathrobe and started picking out clothes. My office doesn't have a strict dress code policy, employees could literally show up in boxer shirts and slippers and no one would bat an eye, but I like to look neat and presentable, so I settled on a comfy long sleeved white polo shirt and washed out blue jeans pairing it with my all time favorite ysl espadrilles.

Once everything is set, I typed in a quick text to my two best friends, Madiha and Nima

"Hey girls, wanna have breakfast outside? My treat!"

Madiha was fast to reply, shooting a quick "why not?" right back at me without a minute to spare. She's always been a morning person plus with her job as an events organizer, she's got no choice but to start her day early.

Without waiting for Nima's reply, I hopped into my Audi A5 and started driving to our usual meetup spot, a cafe downtown. Nima will either show up with a hangover or not, that girl's a party animal, there's no stopping her anytime soon.

I drive fast so I was the first to arrive, I quickly took a seat at a random table outside and waited for the girls. I started scrolling through my phone and answering a couple of emails when I saw another tiktok of Erynn Wiggins at rehearsals. It was posted yesterday, There's just something so unique and raw about her. I've listened to a lot of music, it's technically a part of my job, I've heard it all but her voice just makes everyone sound...average.