Chapter 30: Clueless Friends

3rd person's POV:

Nima and Madiha, sat together in their hotel's cafe, sipping their lattes and worrying about Saffron being stuck in a house with Erynn. Nima got here in Berlin right before the Blizzard hit and hadn't had the chance to visit Caoimhe before they were ordered to stay indoors. And now they even found out that Erynn went to Saffron's house, certainly a recipe for disaster.

"Do you think they're going to be okay?" Madiha asked, wringing her hands nervously. Partly guilty for being the reason why Erynn is there.

"I don't know," Nima replied, her brow furrowed in concern. "I mean, they haven't seen each other in a long time. Who knows what could happen?"

...

Meanwhile, Erynn's bandmates, Caoimhe and Thalia, were having a similar conversation at the latter's hotel room on the other side of the city.

"I can't believe Erynn is stuck in a house with Saff," Caoimhe said, shaking her head. "This is a disaster waiting to happen."

Thalia nodded in agreement. "I know. I mean, we don't know how Saffron feels about Erynn after the breakup, although it was amicable right? So maybeeee, what if they...you know..."

Caoimhe rolled her eyes. "Oh please, like they're going to magically fall back in love and ride off into the sunset. This is real life, not a rom-com."

"Well I mean, Erynn is a sucker for rom coms, she might want to replicate her favorite or something." Heidi said, appearing from the bathroom.

"Let's just call her, if we're so worried." Thalia suggested, ever the rational one among the group.

"Great! Do it." Heidi said, plopping down on the bed.

"The number you dialed is out of reach, please try again later."

"Okay, well try Saffron then." Caoimhe said, shrugging.

"I'll text her." Thalia replied, already looking for Saffron's number.

"Are you guys alive?!" Thalia texted, finally getting a response.

"We're good," Saffron replied. "Actually, we're having a great time."

"What? Really?!" Thalia replied incredulously.

"Yep!"

...

Over at the cafe at the rival hotel, Madiha is equally surprised when Saffron called her.

"We're good," Saffron said, smiling. "Actually, we're having a really great time."

Madiha couldn't believe it. "Really? I mean, that's great! I'm happy for you guys."

"Yeah, so you don't have to worry. Bye!"

"...bye?"

"This is not good." Nima said, biting her bottom lip. Madiha nodded solemnly, "she's lying."

At that moment, both friend groups decided to facetime each other. They were both worried and curious about what was happening between the two, as they knew how unpredictable both women can be.

Nima was convinced that the weekend was going to be a disaster. "Oh my god, can you imagine how awkward it's going to be?" she said to Heidi, Thalia and Caoimhe on the phone. "They haven't seen each other in so long, and now they're stuck in a house together. It's going to be a disaster."

Meanwhile, Thalia, had a different worry. "What if they start fighting?" She asked her girlfriend, Heidi. "I mean, they're not like that right? I just hope they don't get bored and start throwing punches at each other."

"Oh god, Saffron might just do that. That girl loves violence" Madiha replied, her brows furrowing together.

"Well shit, I hope Erynn survives the weekend." Heidi said, snickering at the back.

...

The next day, they continued to text Saffron for updates. But to their surprise, all they got were positive reports. Saffron and Erynn had been getting along great, laughing and joking as if they never parted ways. At least that's what Saffron says.

Madiha was shocked. "What? No way! I thought it was going to be a disaster."

Caoimhe was also surprised. "Really? They're getting along that well? Maybe they're reconnecting and falling in love again."

"About damn time! They've both been moping around for too long." Nima said.

"I can't believe Erynn didn't get punched." Heidi said, sighing sadly.

"I think she got punched on the mouth...with saffron's mouth." Thalia joked, wiggling her eyebrows at her girlfriend.

.....

The two groups of friends knew they had to do something to get more information. So, the moment, it was declared safe to go out, they met and came up with a plan to "rescue Erynn" and head over to Saffron's house together. They figured if they showed up unexpectedly, they could see for themselves what was really going on between the two.

As they arrived at the house, they peered through the windows, trying to catch a glimpse of what was happening. But all they saw was Saffron and Erynn cuddled up on the couch, watching a movie and laughing together.

Feeling like they were intruding, they all decided to leave, laughing and shaking their heads in disbelief. Saffron and Erynn's weekend together had surprised everyone, and it seemed like they were even more in love than they were before. The two groups of friends were relieved and happy for them, knowing that their fears and worries were completely unfounded.

—————xx—————

(A/N:) Just a fun short chapter about Erynn and Saffron's chaotic group of friends XD