Chapter 9: Berlin Music Festival

A few weeks later...

Saffron's POV:

Today is the day! I woke up especially early as I couldn't contain my excitement any longer. Later I'll be flying to Berlin from London and finally get to meet and talk with the Quirky Stevens Band! I have been anxiously waiting for this moment for the past couple of weeks and it's finally happening in a few hours!

I went to the kitchen to prepare a simple breakfast. I decided on some Avocado toast and an açaí bowl. I usually don't have the luxury to stay home and just do me. So it's nice to get to enjoy my breakfast in the comforts of my home and just breathe for a while.

Especially these past weeks, I was staying up at the office past midnight and sometimes not even going home at all just to finish all of my work. And it's because I'm planning to stay a few weeks in Berlin for Vacation. I've been working hard nonstop and I'm exhausted physically and mentally.

Nima and Madiha convinced me to take a break and they actually talked to my boss about it. They knew I wouldn't do this myself so they handled it. That's what best friends are for Saff.
Madi said when they told me about what they did.

Ping!

I was finishing up my acai bowl when I received a text from Nima

I was finishing up my acai bowl when I received a text from Nima. I really have the greatest friends! If only they could come and join me on vacation then it'll be perfect. There's no point in asking them though as I'm sure they can't just leave work immediately especially Nima. Madiha is actually in Berlin now since she is one of the events organizers so I'll be sharing a hotel room with her. But after the festival ends, she'll be back in London and I'll stay in Berlin.

I waited for Nima's reply but it's either she fell asleep again or got distracted by something. I know she's especially busy with all the summer runway shows and magazine shoots she has these days so her remembering that I'm flying today is just so thoughtful. But as her pseudo older sister, I want to make sure she gets enough rest so I told her not to bother sending me off if it's a hassle since I'll be flying in with Patrick, my co-worker who's documenting the festival and a camera man anyways. But since she didn't see my last text, I guess I'll see her at the airport.

I decided to go back to my room and double check my belongings, I'll be bringing a lot than usual so I want to make sure everything is accounted for. I left my dishes in the sink and made a mental note to do them before I leave. I also fed my goldfish, Phalo which reminds me that I have to leave my keys with Patrick, Madiha's long time boyfriend which lives with her near my flat so he could feed Phalo when I'm gone. And yes this is a different Patrick than my co-worker.

My Airport outfit has been prepared since last night so I just took it off my wardrobe and laid it nicely on my bed. I took a photo and posted it on my instagram story.