Chapter 28: Stuck with you

Erynn's POV:

When I woke up, I was lying in a bed, covered in blankets. I groaned, my head pounding, and tried to sit up. I looked down and saw I'm only in my underwear. What the hell? I looked around trying to see where my clothes are at.

On the bedside table, I saw a glass of water and and 2 aspirin tablets. I took both, downing the pills with a big gulp of water.

I rubbed my temples, trying to remember what had happened. That's when it all came flooding back to me: the concert, seeing Saffron with another man, going to the bar, and then coming back to her house.

I groaned again, embarrassed beyond belief. What had I been thinking, showing up at her door like that? I debated staying in bed all day to avoid Saffron and having to explain what the hell I'm doing here. I blew a raspberry, knowing full well I can't do that.

Gradually I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and quickly wrapped the blanket around me, my cheeks reddening at the thought of Saffron seeing me in this state.

Remembering that I wouldn't be in my underwear unless Saffron undressed me, I decided to hell with it and stumbled out of the room, at that moment, Saffron appeared in front of me, holding a cup of coffee. "Good morning," she said softly. "How are you feeling?"

I stood there frozen in the middle of the hallway. in my underwear. I couldn't help but stare. She looks like an angel. Her eyes are soft and her hair fell in silky waves all the way down the small of her back. My eyes traced every curve and every line on Saffron's face, each new detail etching itself into my memory. In that moment, it was as if nothing else in the world existed  except Saffron.

"Erynn"
"Mhmm"

I didn't register Saffron calling for my attention, mindlessly responding. As I continued to stare, I prayed silently to never forget the way my heart raced and my spirit soared, at seeing Saffron again.

"I missed you." I whispered breathlessly. A moment of vulnerability on display. I saw Saffron inwardly flinch and felt a pinch in my heart. Oh right. I cleared my throat and took a step back, rubbing the nape of my neck, I tried to backtrack.

"Sorry, uh what were you saying?"

"I said, how are you feeling?"

"Like absolute garbage," I admitted, taking the coffee gratefully.

"I thought so." Saffron replied, moving towards a door behind me, I followed, assuming it's her bedroom. She rummaged through her drawers and pulled out a black shirts and cream pants for me to wear. I subconsciously wrapped my arms around my midriff, shifting my weight from one foot to the other.

"Here, this should fit. You got thinner anyways." She said, whispering the last part. I took the clothes and started putting the pants on, that's when I realized the shirt was mine. I looked at it and back at Saffron, she kept it all this time?

Saffron wouldn't meet my eye, and occupied herself by fixing the curtains near her bed. I could see a faint blush on her cheeks and smiled to myself. She cleared her throat and said, "when you're done, have breakfast downstairs."

As she's about to exit the bedroom, I quickly put on the shirt and grabbed her elbow. "Wait."
Saffron immediately stopped, looking down at my hand on her, I quickly removed it, mumbling a quick apology. "Listen, I am so sorry for last night. I don't know what came over me. I just..." Saffron crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow, urging me to continue.

I looked down not being able to handle her stare. She looks pissed. I sighed, "I'm sorry, I know you have a boyfriend now and it's stupid of me to go here and bother you, I just...I thought I..you..." I groaned, rubbing a hand over my face. I couldn't form a coherent sentence trying to explain my actions. "I'm sorry okay? I'll just leave." I breathed out, looking at Saffron and seeing her confused. Huh.