Chapter 26: I miss her

Saffron's POV:

Nima and Madiha had come to visit me here in Berlin, and it had been such a welcome relief from my day-to-day life. Once I told them about Easton, they did not waste a second and immediately flew over to be with me.We sat in front of my balcony, sipping coffee and catching up on our lives.

As I explained everything that happened, they were shocked and angry on my behalf. They were both outraged that someone could treat me so poorly, especially since I had always done my best to be happy with him.

We all started talking about Easton and how he has always seemed so opportunistic. It was clear to all of us that he was only using me to advance his career in the industry. I had never realized it before, but now I could see how manipulative he could be.

Nima, ever the fiery one, immediately blurted out, "That son of a bitch! Who does he think he is? How dare he treat you like that?"

Madiha's expression was equally sympathetic. "Oh my god, Saffron, that's terrible. How could he do that to you?"

"I don't know," I murmured. "That's not even the worst part though. When I caught him, he wasn't even guilty, and he basically admitted that he's just using me to further his career. He doesn't actually care about me at all."

Nima made a disgusted noise, while Madiha's jaw dropped. "What? That's absolutely despicable," she said, shaking her head. "I can't believe he would use someone to further his stupid career. That's just cruel."

"Yeah," I agreed. "I can't believe I ever fell for his stupid act. I feel so stupid."

"Don't say that," Nima said firmly. "It's not your fault that he's a liar and a cheat. You deserve someone who will treat you right."

"I second that," Madiha nodded. "You're amazing, Saffron. Don't let him make you feel like anything less."

Together, we talked shit about Easton, coming up with all sorts of creative insults and jokes to make ourselves feel better. It was a cathartic experience, and by the end of the night, I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

But as the conversation flowed to lighter topics, my mind drifted to Erynn again. It's been 8 months since our breakup, and yet the pain still felt so fresh. I was able to take my mind off of it when I was with Easton but now I have nothing to distract me. It's like I'm stuck in a never-ending cycle of heartache and regret.

I tried to push my thoughts away, not wanting to ruin our time together with my sadness. But as we talked more, my eyes started to water, and I knew I couldn't hold it in any longer.

"Hey Saff, don't cry, Easton's an asshole, he doesn't deserve your tears." Nima said, putting a comforting hand on my knee. Thinking my tears are for Easton.

Madiha, my best friend since we're 4 years old, took one good look at me and said, "I don't think she's crying because of Easton, Nima." Shooting a knowing look at Nima.

Nima made an understanding face, nodding at Madiha. "Oh. Oh."

Amidst my tears, I chuckled at her expression, wiping at my eyes.

"So how have you been? Really?" Madiha asked, turning her full attention on me. I tried to put on a brave face and told them that I was doing better, but it wasn't entirely true.

The truth was that I still missed Erynn more than ever. Despite trying to move on, my heart still ached for her. I couldn't help but break down in tears, telling Nima and Madiha how much I still loved Erynn.

"I just can't help it, guys," I said, wiping away the tears that had started to flow. "I still love her so much, even though it's been months."

Nima gave me a sympathetic smile. "It's understandable, Saffron. You both had something special, and it takes time to get over that."