Chapter 19: I Love You

Erynn's POV:

Saffron and I had been dating for a few months now, and every moment we spend together is a peaceful and happy one. The two of us are in sync, both in our individual lives and in our relationship. We love spending time together, whether it was going on midnight walks, concerts or even just cuddling and watching movies. I especially love when Saffron plays the guitar and sings with me, I wasn't surprised to know she plays since she's an avid fan of music, but I was surprised by how good she is. How perfect can she be?

As I watched Saffron strumming her guitar, her eyes closed in concentration, my heart swelled with admiration. She was such a beautiful and talented soul, and I feel lucky to be with her.

"Earth to Erynn!" Saffron teased, shaking my shoulder. I took her hand stopping her. "Did you say something?" I asked.

She smiled softly at me, tilting her head to the side, "Where were you?"

"Nowhere, just admiring my pretty baby." I replied, leaning forward and putting my head on the palm of my hand.

Saffron softly laughed, hugging my head to her chest, squeezing. "Mmmhmmm, you're so adorable!" I pulled away from her tight grip and laughed. She can be so aggressive sometimes, but that's my baby!

"I can just eat you right up!" She added, demonstrating her cute aggression with her hands.
I raised my eyebrows at her suggestively, "I have no problem with you eating me Saff." I teased, leaning back on my elbows.

Saffron choked on air, slapping my arms when she recovered. "Way to ruin the moment Rynn!"

I laughed, enjoying seeing her cheeks redden. We've been together for a while and yet she still gets shy like this. So cute!

I adjusted my position, grabbing my guitar beside me, "come on, help me practice...then you can eat me after."

"Erynn!"

As we played together, our voices intertwining and blending in perfect harmony, I couldn't help but feel a sense of contentment wash over me. This is my happy place, right here with her.

——-x—————x——————-x-————x———————-

Saffron's POV:

I felt so at home in Erynn's room, surrounded by her music equipment and the warmth of her presence. As we played our guitars together, I felt my stress and worries melt away. Erynn's skills are a long ways away from mine but she has never made me feel inferior to her in anyway. I have always enjoyed playing the guitar and singing but I don't have the same passion for it as Erynn and so I chose Music Journalism instead of pursuing a career as a musician.

As I looked over at Erynn, her eyes closed in concentration, and her fingers moving deftly over her guitar strings, I felt my heart swell with love. She was so talented, so passionate about her music, and I feel so grateful to be able to see it and experience it with her.

Erynn has the ability to make even the simplest of tunes sound enchanting, and her passion for music was contagious. In that moment, I knew that no matter where life would take us, the memories of us playing the guitar together would forever hold a special place in my heart.

As Erynn and I sat back on her bed, the air was filled with a sense of fulfillment and joy after our guitar session. Erynn had always been incredibly talented, even when she's not trying. She's able to produce beautiful melodies from the strings of her guitar. It was during moments like these that I wondered what inspired her to pursue music as a career.

"Hey Erynn." "Yeah?"
"Why did you become a musician?"

With her guitar safely nestled in its stand, Erynn's eyes sparkled with excitement as she leaned back against her pillows. "Well, I think it's because music has always been a part of me," she began, her voice gentle yet full of passion. "Ever since I was a child, I found solace in the melodies of my favorite songs. It was like a refuge for my soul."