Chapter 7: Mystery Girl

Erynn Wiggin's POV

"I'm not feeling too well guys, I don't think I'll join you tonight." I said.
We just dropped off Paige and Caoimhe at the cafe where they're meeting a journalist so it's just me, Heidi and Thalia now.

"Oh come on Erynn, don't be a killjoy!" Heidi replied, tugging on my arm to get me to go bowling with them.

I'm currently sitting inside the van and we're right in front of the bowling alley where we're supposed to have some fun. But I have a different idea in mind. So I made up an excuse.

"Let her be babe, she's been working hard these days, let her rest." Thalia butted in before I could reply. I gave her an appreciative smile which she reciprocated before pulling Heidi along with her to the entrance.

Heidi stuck her tongue out at me and I rolled my eyes at her before shouting, "Have fun you two! See you at home!" Right as I closed the van door.

"Can we stop by that cafe from this morning? Where Paige bought breakfast?" I immediately asked the driver. For some reason, I just can't get the girl that I saw there earlier. Not the lady with the weird jacket, but her friend. She's a stranger I know, but the moment I laid my eyes on her, I knew I wanted to get to know her.

So now here I am, skipping time with my friends for a slim chance of seeing her again. I shook my head, smiling at my stupidity.

"Oh the things I do for pretty girls.." I chuckled to myself.

————————xx——————-xx——————-

"We're here miss Erynn." The driver Peter announced.

"Just Erynn, Pete. And thank you, you can go now, I'll just take an uber." I said stepping out of the van.

I crossed the street and sat in the exact place where the mystery girl sat with her weird jacket friend. I took a look around, there's quite a few people milling around, some going home, some getting ready to party and others just simply enjoying a cup of coffee. Which reminded me that I should do the same.

I stood up and went straight to the door. I went in and the strong smell of coffee immediately filled my senses. I stood fourth in line and once again looked around, hoping to see her.

"Hi I'm Mary, What can I get you?" The barista's cheery but noticeably tired voice interrupted my search. I looked up at the menu, "Hi I'll get a green tea to go please and maybe a strawberry cupcake as well." I smiled at the barista and handed her my card.

"Right away ma'am, can I get your name please?"

"Erynn. E-R-Y-N-N"

"You can wait over there."

"Awesome, thanks."

After getting my drink and cupcake in hand, I went out and saw that my previous seat was taken, so I found a vacant seat and took a bite of my cupcake. I continued not so subtly looking around that people are giving me weird looks. I mean is it wrong to look around now? Am I not allowed to do it?

"Hi, sorry to bother you but are you Erynn Wiggins? Like from the band?" A shy looking girl asked me with her phone out in her hands.

Oh. So that's why I'm getting looks. They recognized me.

"Hi yeah, that's me" I said scratching the nape of my head and adjusting my posture. I'm still not used to this.

"Oh my god, can we please take a photo together? I'm a big fan!" The girl almost looks ready to hyperventilate so I immediately said yes and took a photo with her. She wanted an autograph but seeing as she wasn't prepared to see me, she doesn't have a paper I can sign on.