Chapter 17: let's keep it a secret

Saffron's POV:

I couldn't believe my luck when I was asked to interview Erynn and her band members for a second time. The first interview, which had taken place several months ago, had sparked something unexpected. A short clip from the youtube video of the interview had gone viral recently because of the chemistry between me and Erynn, and fans of Quirky Stevens were now shipping us and wanting us to be together.

Under the Radar's official youtube channel blew up due to the interview, our 100k subscriber count rose to 160k overnight. A massive achievement for the magazine company considering our channel is fairly new and never had interviews in it before.

I left work feeling proud and happy of myself, my boss, Teresa showered me with compliments that boosted my confidence. Now we're thinking of making interviews a regular part of the company's channel. Today we rented a studio to conduct the interview.

—- — ————-
As I entered the dressing room, I was immediately greeted by the infectious laughter of the band members. Erynn stood at the center, her vibrant personality shining through as she regaled everyone with a story.

I couldn't help but smile as I watched, already feeling an irrevocable pull towards my...girlfriend? It's been months since our rooftop kiss and we haven't really talked about our status again. I want to revisit our conversation but I just haven't found the perfect time, which is what's been bothering me for weeks now. But then again I already consider Erynn mine, she's not my girlfriend but I'll be damned before I let anyone come near her, so I guess that talk can wait.

"Airbear!" I called out, my voice filled with warmth and excitement. Erynn's eyes lit up upon hearing my voice, and she turned around, her smile growing wider. Around us, teasing remarks can be heard, most noticeably from Heidi, of course.

"Saffy! You're here!" Erynn exclaimed, rushing towards me and enveloping me in a tight hug. The rest of the band members looked on, exchanging knowing glances.

"Of course I did," I replied, my voice filled with affection. "I'm the interviewer remember?" I teased which earned me an eye roll from Erynn.

"Airbear? Saffy? Pet names really? You sure they're not together?" I hear Heidi ask Thalia, which I chose to ignore.

As I moved deeper into the dressing room, I greeted the other members. "Hey guys! How's it going?"

"Hey Charlotty!" Heidi took to calling me by my second name, saying it suits me better. I let her be, I've grown pretty close to Heidi this past few months. We've bonded over the fact that we're both from Phuket with foreign dads too.

I was greeted with hugs from the other band members. We were were all smiles and laughter, joking around like old friends. Until Erynn took my hand and led me to a quiet corner of the dressing room. She intertwined our fingers, relishing in the unspoken bond we shared.

"I've missed you," Erynn whispered, leaning in and pressing a gentle kiss against my temple. "It's been too long since we've had a moment alone."

I leaned into the embrace, a contented sigh escaping my lips. "I know, but seeing you and the band achieve your goals is more important. It's worth it."

Erynn gazed at me with adoration, her eyes sparkling with affection. "You're my inspiration, you know? Your support means everything to me."

I blushed, feeling a warmth spread throughout my entire body. "Look at you — sweet talker."  I teased, slapping Erynn lightly on the arm.

Erynn laughed, pretending it hurt. "What? I'm telling the truth! Do you know how many songs I've written about you? I had to buy more notebooks!" Erynn defended herself, smiling wider by the minute.