Chapter 5: Can I take you out?

Saffron's POV:

After getting back to the office, I tried to do some simple tasks that needed to get done anyways just to get time to move faster, but I kept looking at the clock and by 1:30pm I just couldn't help it, I was too excited

After getting back to the office, I tried to do some simple tasks that needed to get done anyways just to get time to move faster, but I kept looking at the clock and by 1:30pm I just couldn't help it, I was too excited. So I sent Paige a text double checking about the time and place.

Once I got a reply, I began to arrange the paperwork that I'll be presenting to her and getting all my stuff ready to go. The cafe is just a couple minutes' walk away from my office but like I said, I was too excited to stay still so I decided to go there early.

I gathered my things and went to the office's bathroom downstairs and freshened up. Then I went out and started my walk toward the cafe. Pavilion Cafe is a quaint little cafe around the corner of my office, and I'm guessing the studio where the band records and rehearses is on the other side of it, which means I could have passed by the band without me knowing.

I chose to pick a seat inside the cafe as I feel like it will offer more privacy for Paige and I. I chose a booth on the corner and placed my belongings there. I told a passing waiter that I'll just take a quick walk around the block and that I'll leave my things here. I frequently go to this cafe so the staff are familiar with me and with what I do.

The thing I love about living here is how no one really pays attention to anyone, we all have our busy lives and so I can just leave my stuff around while I go to the restroom or take a stroll and it will still be here once I get back. Sure I miss Phuket from time to time, especially the beaches, but I could never do this back home.

The reason why my dad and I moved here from Thailand was because of his separation from my mom. He needed a change of scenery and what's better than moving back home right? So we moved to Oxford, England. My dad still lives there, near my half brother Robert and I moved here in London with Madiha to attend The University of Bramford.

We met Nima at University, we were juniors and she was a sophomore, we took her under our wing and practically raised her. That's why the three of us are close like sisters.

I sat down at a nearby bench and just people-watched. I saw an old couple eating ice cream together peacefully, kids riding their bikes going to the nearby arcade and a couple of teenagers lounging around on one of the other benches. It's nice. Peaceful.

Ping!