Chapter 20: Love isn't enough

(A/N:) I'm sorry Guys...or not 🤭

Flashback a few months ago...
Saffron's POV:

As I walked into Teresa's office, my heart was pounding. I had been waiting for this moment for months. I knew that the promotion I had been wanting was on the line, and I was determined to make the most of this conversation.

Teresa looked up from her laptop and smiled warmly. "Hi dear, how are you doing today?" she asked.

"I'm doing well, thank you," I replied nervously. "I wanted to talk to you about the opening for the Senior Music Journalist position. I believe I have the qualifications and experience necessary for the role, and I would like to be considered for it." I said, trying to be as formal as possible. (A/N: Not sure if this is even a real job lol.)

Teresa nodded slowly, her expression thoughtful. "I agree that you have the skills for the job, Saffron," she said. "But I need to know more about your vision for the role. What is it that you hope to achieve in this new position?"

I took a deep breath and gathered my thoughts before responding. "As Senior Music Journalist, I would be able to take on bigger and more complex projects," I said. "I would be able to expand my reach, connect with new musicians and audiences, and produce more impactful stories. I would also like to mentor younger journalists and help them develop their skills."

Teresa leaned back in her chair and smiled. "That sounds like a great plan, Saffron. I appreciate the thought and care you've put into this conversation. Let me review your application and your work, and I will get back to you with a decision."

I left Teresa's office, my heart lighter and my hopes higher. I knew that I had done my best, and that my passion for music and journalism had been evident in every word I spoke. Whether I get the promotion or not, I'm grateful for the opportunity to pursue my dreams, and to work with a boss like Teresa who value and nurture her employees. Even though we have a close motherly bond, I know Teresa wouldn't just give me the position if I didn't deserve it and so I walked into my office hoping I've done my best all these years.

——————-xx——————xx—————-
Present day.

As I walked into Teresa's office, my heart was pounding with nervous excitement. I couldn't believe that after all my hard work, I was finally going to have the conversation I had been waiting for, for the past 3 months. I had been vying for the promotion to become a senior music journalist, and I had a feeling that this meeting was going to be exactly what I had been hoping for.

Teresa greeted me with a warm smile and gestured for me to sit down. "Saffron, thank you for coming in today. I wanted to discuss something with you that I think you'll be very pleased about."

My heart skipped a beat. Could this be it?

"As you know, we've been considering promoting someone to Senior music journalist, and you expressed your desire for it," Teresa continued. "And after reviewing your qualifications and all the incredible work you've done for our team, we've decided that we'd like to offer you the position."

I couldn't believe it. My eyes welled up with happy tears, and my heart was racing. "Teresa, this is amazing news! Thank you so much. I've been working towards this for months, and I'm so excited to take on this role."

Teresa smiled again, clearly happy for me. "I knew you would be the perfect fit for this position, Saffron. You're incredibly talented, and you've been a valuable member of our team. Not to mention these past months, the company is at it's peak all thanks to you. I have no doubt that you'll excel in this role and take our projects to the next level."