Chapter 31: Hi mom

A few weeks later...
Saffron's POV:

I can't believe how good it feels to be standing in the crowd, listening to Erynn's band perform. I missed this. I had seen them play many times before, but this time is different. This time, I know that Erynn is singing to me.

"We are so grateful for all of you coming out tonight," Erynn said with a smile. "The past year has been an amazing journey, and we couldn't have done it without all of your support."

As the crowd erupted in cheers, Erynn turned to her bandmates. "But before we finish our set, I just wanted to say that we have a special guest here tonight." She paused, and my heart began to race.

"Saffron Abrams everybody!" Erynn shouted, gesturing in my direction.

I pulled the baseball cap down my face in shyness. However I still stood up and waved to the screaming fans.

"Saffron, if you guys don't know is the first person who interviewed us and helped us become more well-known! We wouldn't be here right now if she didn't believe in our potential." Erynn explained, not breaking eye contact with me.

"Let me hear a cheer for Saffron Abrams guys!" Caoimhe shouted into her mic, both Thalia and Heidi hyped up the fans, gesturing for them to cheer louder. I blushed profusely, lowering my head in embarrassed.

"Saffron," I looked up at Erynn's voice and at the same time, the crowd quietened. "This song is for you." At that moment, the fans erupted in louder cheers and screams. Huh, I guess they're all shippers too.

As the band played their final song, Erynn locked eyes with me and gave me a sly smile. She admitted to writing countless songs about me and for me during our time apart, she didn't want to release any of it but I felt like it's okay to share this one song, this glimpse of our relationship to the public so I convinced her and now it's no. 1 in the top 100.

I felt my stomach flutter as I sang along with the lyrics.

(Locksmith by Sadie Jean)

You're the one that I can see me growing old with
Build a house I see it now you plant me roses
And everything we dreamed about came into focus
Here's to hopin'

If in ten years time
I'm still on your mind
Could you call and
Say you want this?
No matter where we are
You still have my heart
'Cause I locked it
And I promise
You're the locksmith

After the show, I made my way backstage to see Erynn. The band was packing up their equipment and getting ready to leave, but Erynn was waiting for me.

"Hey," she said, pulling me into a tight embrace. "I'm so glad you're here."

I smiled, feeling my heart race as Erynn held me close. "Of course, Silly! I wouldn't have missed it for the world."

I couldn't be more proud of the band. They were absolutely incredible on stage, and the crowd loved them. It was a bittersweet moment as I knew that this would be one of the last shows before they take a break to focus on their sophomore album.

"I can't believe it's over," I said, as we walked towards Erynn's dressing area.

"I know. It's been an incredible journey though," Erynn replied with a smile.

As we approached her dressing room, we were greeted by a group of fans waiting outside. We took some photos and Erynn signed some autographs before one brave fan asked.

"Are you guys finally together?" The fan asked, shaking in excitement.

I watched as Erynn's face lit up with a smile. I knew that we had decided to keep our relationship a secret, but at that moment, it felt right to be honest.