Chapter 3: I'm going to Berlin!

Saffron's POV:

I dropped Nima off right in front of my office building. She insisted on coming up to my office with me and hanging for a bit. I told her off, saying I do work when I'm in the office and not just lounge around. I drove forward, heading to the underground parking, looking back to check if Nima's booking for an uber already. Nima looked up from her phone waving goodbye before sitting down on the nearby bench. She'll be fine.

I parked my car in my usual space and got on the elevator up to the tenth floor. I've been working at this company for a little over 3 years now, at first I was stationed at a small cubicle but now I get to have my own office corner. It's something that I had to argue over with with my boss, I deserved my own space after getting so many exclusive interviews and getting access to VIP events and shows. It wasn't much of a fight though 'cause we both know I'm good at my job and I deserve it.

Greeting some of my co-workers with a smile, I quickly entered my office, dropping my bag off before heading straight to my boss's office

"Hey Sandra, is the boss here already?" I asked Sandra, the boss's secretary.

"Good Morning Saffron, Ma'am is inside already." Sandra replied smiling back at me. She's a sweet middle aged lady who started working here shortly after the company was founded 40 years ago. I smiled back, saying a quick thank you before heading on over to knock on the boss's door.

"Come in." Hearing that, I went in quickly seeing my boss sitting down in front of her desk, signing paperworks.

Teresa Smith, The CEO and founder of the company I'm working for, "Under the radar" She's a fierce boss lady in her late 60s. She commands every room she enters, but she's the nicest to her employees, especially those that can prove their value.

I like to think that we have a bond, she's like a second mother to me. She's the one that personally recruited me into the company after learning about my blog that became popular amongst music enthusiasts.

Back in college, I started a blog as a place to put my song & album reviews and criticisms. I thought nothing of it, I didn't expect it to blow up and gain traction but it did and soon enough the right people started noticing, and one of them was Teresa herself, she saw my potential and even promised me the job was mine, although I was still in my last year of College at the time. And after graduating, I started here right away.

"Hi Teresa, Good Morning." I greeted, giving her the sweetest smile I could muster. I sat down in front of her and place my chin on the palm of my right hand, waiting for her to look at me.

"Good Morning Saffron, To what do I owe the pleasure?" She asked, briefly looking at me before resuming her work.

"Nothing much, can't I just come visit my favorite boss in the world? Not to mention the prettiest and nicest one I could ever ask for." I replied. Come on, take the bait.