Chapter 29: Begin Again...

Saffron's POV:

**Breaking News: Urgent Update on Blizzard Conditions**

[Reporter]: It's been a relentless blizzard overnight, and unfortunately, the situation has taken a turn for the worse. The strong winds and heavy snowfall have intensified, creating treacherous conditions across the entire area. Local authorities and weather experts are urgently asking everyone to exercise extreme caution and stay inside until the storm subsides.

[Reporter]: Emergency services are working around the clock to clear the roads and keep essential services running. Snowplows and.......
Stay tuned to our live updates and follow local news channels for real-time information. From all of us here at the news station, please stay indoors, stay warm, and stay safe.

I sighed as I tuned out the voice of the reporter, turning sideways in my bed, I exited off the news channel on my phone and looked outside. "I guess Erynn's staying for one more day then." I mumbled to myself.

Stretching and groaning, I sat up on the bed, running my hands through my hair in an attempt to fix it. As I wash my face in the bathroom, I could hear movement downstairs and remembered how last night went. I felt a sense of warmth and comfort settle over me.

I smiled to myself, unable to contain the joy I feel in that moment.

Flashback:

Erynn and I sat on opposite ends of the couch, each nursing a mug of hot cocoa as we watched the snow pile up outside, almost completely obscuring the windows. We just finished talking about trying again but now, we're back to being shy and nervous around each other.

"So, how's the band been?" I asked, trying to break the awkward silence that had fallen between us. "How was tour?"

Erynn smiled, awkward tension easing off her shoulders.  "Yeah, actually we're great. Tour was awesome but crazy, I'm kinda glad it's over for now to be honest"

Erynn switched her mug from one hand to the other and continued, "right now, we"re just doing small shows while preparing our next album."

I nodded, taking a sip of my cocoa. "That sounds amazing. I bet your fans are getting excited."

Erynn chuckled. "Oh, you have no idea. They're practically counting down the days. What about you? How's work been going?"

I shifted in my seat, trying to find the perfect position. "It's been...busy," I replied shrugging. "You know I got promoted recently, I'm an editor-in-chief now!" I said beaming at Erynn.

Erynn's eyes softened and she smiled, "I know, Nima told me. I'm really happy for you Saff."

"Thank you Erynn."

There was another lull in the conversation, and Erynn took a sip of her cocoa before setting it down on the coffee table.

"It's weird to think that it's been eight months since we last saw each other," she said, her voice soft.

I looked at her, a small, sad smile on my face. "Yeah, it is. I'm sorry we couldn't make it work."

Erynn leaned forward, her gaze locked onto mine. "Me too. But hey, we've grown and we know what went wrong now. Maybe it'll be different this time."

I hesitated for a moment, then nodded. "Yeah, maybe."

We continued to make small talk about our friends amd what we had been up to for the past eight months. The conversation flowed easily, but there was still a slight awkwardness between us.

As time went on, Erynn began to flirt shamelessly, something that I missed and found endearing.

"You know, Saffron, you look a lot like my next girlfriend," Erynn said with a sly grin.