Chapter 10: No Hug?

Cont.

Saffron's POV:

'Hey Saffron." I heard a familiar voice greet me and looked up to see Caoimhe walking in to the tent. I smiled at her and gestured for her to sit down opposite me.

"Hey Caoimhe, How have you been?" I made small talk while Dave rearranges the camera angle. This is the first time I've seen Caoimhe after our run in at the club a few weeks ago, I'm not sure if she wants to talk about it so I'm gonna be professional and pretend that it didn't happen, in case things get awkward.

"So listen, before we start I wanna clear things up a bit." Ookaayyy guess she wants to talk about it. She pulled her chair closer to me and took a glance at Dave. I took notice of course and told Dave to give us privacy for a bit. I put all my focus on Caoimhe and gave her what I hope is a reassuring smile.

Caoimhe cleared her throat and tugged at her shirt collar. "Okay so, I know that you know about me and Nima right?" Oh so they really are hanging out huh.

"Not really...I mean I saw you guys at the club that time but that's it." I replied and placed my chin on the palm of my right hand, leaning forward to look at Caoimhe better. She averted her gaze and I see her ears reddening a bit. "Nima's not exactly telling me the details." I added smirking at Caoimhe's reaction. She's red as a cherry!

"Uh well you see...I uh.." Caoimhe leaned back in her seat and cleared her throat. "So uhm..I know you must think that I'm a player but I promise you I'm not." She began, I raised my eyebrows at her and waited for her to continue. I kinda know where this is going but I'll let her explain. "So I know I asked you out and what that looks like but uh...It was a mistake." She exhaled and looked at me expectantly.

I leaned back in my seat and crossed my arms. "Mmhm a mistake huh?"

Caoimhe's eyes widened and she started stuttering, trying to explain what she means. I concealed my smile and retained the act. "No no no, I'm not saying you're not pretty 'cause you are! You're gorgeous and sexy and kind and smart! Uh But what I mean to say is that I don't go around asking girls out! Yeah that's it?" She ended her sentence with a questioning tone so I couldn't help but tease her some more.

I like to think that I'm a good judge of character and with Caoimhe, I really don't get the playgirl vibe. I mean yes I did warn Nima about her but it's because I'm just protective of her and Caoimhe is still a rockstar, girls and guys are flocking around her all the time.

"You don't sound too sure?" I mimicked her tone and smirked some more. I see beads of sweat forming on her temples and how she started playing with her fingers, so I took mercy and started giggling at her state. Caoimhe gave me a confused look and tilted her head to the side. Like a puppy.

"Uh, Saffron?"

I exhaled and composed myself before giving her a genuine smile. "Relax Caoimhe, I know you're not a player, at least you don't look like it so you don't have to explain. Besides, Nima is a big girl, I know she can handle herself." Caoimhe exhaled a breath of relief and reciprocated my smile.

I leaned forward in my seat and continued, "although...I am genuinely curious why asking me out is a mistake?"

"Saffronnnn!" Caoimhe whined, her face reddening which she tried to hide by covering it with her baseball cap. I laughed and said, "what? I am really curious!"

Caoimhe sighed and looked at me with a deadpan expression. I'm glad she's feeling more comfortable with me now. "I asked you out because—

"Are we ready Saffron?" Caoimhe and I both looked at the source of the voice and saw Dave peeking his head in the tent. I suddenly remembered that I have an interview to do, I'm not here to catch up with friends. I straightened in my seat and fixed my hair. "Sorry about that Dave, lost track of time."