Chapter 22: It's Over

(A/N:) Thanks for all the comments guys! It pushes me to write more!

Saffron's POV:

I hung up the phone and the world seemed to stop. Erynn and I had just broken up, and I felt like my heart had shattered into a million pieces. The distance we were facing in our relationship had become too much, and we had drifted apart slowly but surely.

My skin crawled with goosebumps, and I felt like I couldn't breathe. The room around me felt dark and dreary like the sun had disappeared. Without Erynn's light, my world felt cold and lonely.

I lay down in bed and pulled the covers over my head, reliving the conversation we had just had over and over again in my mind. It was like someone had hit me with a baseball bat over and over again.

I couldn't stop the tears from streaming down my face. I had lost my best friend, my confidant, and the love of my life. The thought of not having Erynn by my side almost made my chest cave in.

I felt so helpless and vulnerable. Was there anything I could have done differently? Could we have made it work if we had tried harder?

The pain in my heart was indescribable, and it felt like it would never go away. It was like being thrown back to square one, and I couldn't shake off the feeling of loss. All I wanted was for her name to pop up on my phone saying that misses me and I'd come crawling back to her, but it never came.

I knew deep down that it was the right decision, but it didn't make it any easier. I couldn't imagine my life without Erynn in it, and the thought of living in a world without her was unbearable.

As I rolled onto my side, pulling my knees to my chest, I couldn't help but think about all the things we had planned and all our future together. They were gone now.

One Phone Call and Suddenly we were strangers again. I deeply sighed, squeezing my eyes shut.

All I could do now was to wait, to pick up the pieces of my broken heart, and move on without her. It wouldn't be easy, but I knew I had to try.

————————xx———————-xx————————

Madiha and Nima had known that something has been wrong in my relationship but I never told them and they never pushed. Simply waiting for me to open up. I know I need to be around people that cares about me right now, so pushing myself up off the bed, I went to my living room and sent them a text.

"Can you guys come over? I need to talk to someone," it read. I slumped on the couch, fighting back tears and within minutes, Nima and Madi arrived. Both in their Satin Pajamas.

"What's wrong, Saff?" asked Madiha, sitting down next to me.

Between sobs, I managed to choke out the words, "I just broke up with Erynn over the phone."

Madiha and Nima exchanged a worried look. Erynn and I had been together for almost a year, and on the outside, we always seemed to be the happiest couple. "What happened?" Nima asked gently.

I wiped my tears and took a deep breath. "We were constantly arguing, and we just didn't have time for each other. Erynn is busy touring with her band, and I'm always working, especially after the promotion. We tried to make it work, but it just wasn't happening."

Madiha and Nima listened patiently as I explained the details of the breakup. They didn't judge or criticize my decision but instead offered me a shoulder to cry on.

"You did the right thing, Saff," said Madiha, rubbing my back comfortingly. "It sounds like the relationship wasn't making either of you happy."

Nima added, "And you shouldn't feel bad for putting yourself first. It takes courage to end things, especially when you care about someone."