o n e

Haerin's POV:

Laying on my bed with my long-lengthed hair spread all over the mattress, I feel a buzz tingling along my body.

I look beside me and notice that my phone is ringing.

I lazily stretch my arms out to reach the phone and successfully bring it closer with the tips of my finger and grab it, smiling at my victory.

I look at the phone and notice that my best and only friend is calling me. She usually never calls at this time because she would be at the part-time job that she chose to do for extra credit for a university.

I happily answer once I notice the caller ID that lights up on the screen of my phone.

"Hey, I need to come over! I have something to talk to you about." Hyein says through the line, I hear a few voices in the background but ignore it.

"Don't you have school?" I sit up, legs crossed.

"Something happened, I just need to talk to you, I'll be over soon."

"Alright, I guess, see you." My tone is confused, but I'm just worried now.

It wasn't her usual hyper voice. She sounded nervous or at least I think she did.

"Well I guess she's coming over." I sigh, now I actually have to get out of bed.

I was comfortable, damn.

I stand up on the tip of my toes and let my arms swing back and forth as I yawn, stretching my body.

I walk over to the mirror and observe the messy state I'm in from laying on the bed almost all day, I admire how my hair could possibly shape itself to look like a birds net.

It's just getting fun to wake up every morning and see what I look like after hours of slumber, I definitely don't look like a human.

On the mirror, a photo of me and my friend sticks into the frame, why do I still have that there?

It gives me memories of the friendship I once had, one that will never come back.

That friend was called Seoyeon, I miss her but hate her at the same time. We were friends for the longest time, the best times.

Unfortunately, to her, it wasn't special enough. She chose popularity over me after starting senior year.

Although I miss her, I will never be able to forgive her, even if she ever decides to own up to it.

That's when I met the amazing Lee Hyein.

She is now my best friend.

That day Seoyeon had publicly, in front of everyone in the cafeteria, thrown our friendship away.

To avoid embarrassment, I walked out without a word, I walked out into the hall and let my tears flow until there weren't any left.

Hyein was one of the many who witnessed how Seoyeon ended our friendship, she ended it and her dumb excuse was "Trying to find people who suit her more".

She followed me to the hallway and just embraced me in her arms, despite the fact that I didn't know her at all before that.

I remember being confused, and slightly pushing her away, looking at her confused.

All she did was give me a smile and say "Just to make you feel better."

Ever since then, we've grown closer than ever, growing to be the closest of friends.

Maybe even closer than me and Seoyeon were.

"Haerin! Hyein is here!" my mom yells from the kitchen snapping me out of the bitter-sweet memories.