f o u r t e e n

Haerin's POV:

I'm awoken the next morning to a set of knocks at the door.

"Who is it?" I say, not fully conscious.

Hyein then opens the door, the light from behind her shining into my eyes.

"Seoyeon is downstairs." she says with an annoyed expression.

That gets me sitting up instantly, "What?" I say, rubbing my eyes.

"She said, 'I need to talk to her.' " she groans.

"I'm coming down." I sigh.

I quickly freshen up, changing out of my pajamas and into a casual outfit.

A black crop top with low waisted 90's jeans.

I then run downstairs to see Hyein and Danielle by the front door.

"Seoyeon, you don't 'need' anything, just leave her alone." I hear hyein say, but I can't see Seoyeon behind the door.

"I'll talk to her." I tell them, and they move away.

"What do you want?" I ask, holding the door so she doesn't walk in.

"Hi." she smiles when she sees me.

"Seoyeon, if you only came here to harass us then I'm going to personally drag you to your car." I say, not having it anymore.

"Well, I need to deliver something. This letter I got at my door, it mentions you, and it's a little weird." she frowns before digging out a folder letter from her back pocket.

She hands it to me and I take it confused.

"If the letter is about how much you wanna be friends then please take it back." I say, handing it over but she shakes her head.

"It's not, I promise. I have no idea who it's from, but I also wanted to invite you out."

I groan, "Please, listen to me; I don't wanna be friends again!" I announce closing the front door afterwards.

"Sheesh, she was obnoxious." Danielle says when I walk into the living room with them.

"What's in the letter?" Hyein asks.

"I'm not sure I know anyone who'd send me a letter, to someone else." I say sarcastically, opening up the flap of the envelope.

I take the paper out and unfold it.

Danielle takes the envelope, and turns it over, "That's weird, no stamp or address." she says.

I begin to read the letter;

"Dearest Seoyeon,

Please warn your very good friend Haerin to be very careful about who she's around.

Thank you."

"Is this a joke?" I say after reading, handing it to the girls to read, "Is she trying to scare me to be friends with her?"

When they're done reading it, they both look up at each other, "I think Seoyeon wrote this?" Hyein says.

"Of course she did! It's like her." I say, sitting down on the couch.

"She said she didn't, though." Danielle says.

"What else could it be? An admirer?" I scoff.

"Be a little more self-aware about this Haerin." Hyein and Danielle sits by me.

"Yeah, don't dismiss this so easily, this is almost a threat, I'm not sure if Seoyeon wrote this or not." Danielle adds, I look up at her.

"What else could it be, then? Is someone trying to murder me?"