s e v e n t e e n

Haerin's POV:

"The same way." she answers, removing her hands away from my neck, leaving my skin burning.

"I'd be afraid of you if I knew." I continue for her, and she nods, "I want to know." I add, really, genuinely wanting to know.

I haven't felt this way, ever.

"You don't." she smiles, shaking her head.

"How different is it from the rest of the girls?" I ask, and she tilts her head.

She takes my hand then and places it on her chest, her hands on mine is already enough to make me go insane, but the feeling of her chest pounding against my skin, her heart begging to come out makes me want to scream.

"That different." she replies to my silence.

I want to get out of the room, to breathe cold air to cool myself down, but I can't seem to get enough of this.

"You feel how hard my heart is thumping?" she presses my hand harder against her chest, "That's your fault." she replies.

"All mine?" I ask.

"You're making me go insane, Haerin." she suddenly says, and my eyes flicker up to hers, "Just touching you makes me crazy." her thumb caresses the back of my hand, her eyes burning through me.

"Then let go." I breathe out, trying to run away from the flutter that's stirring up within me, not being able to let me breathe properly.

"I don't want to." she whispers.

The room is so small that it takes her one step to have my back against the wall, her thighs against mine.

"If I kiss you now, would you let me?" she asks, her voice so low.

My heart feels as if it has skipped a beat when my mind processes her words, I feel as though a lump has gathered up at my throat, like my knees could shake till I collapse.

My body has taken full control now, and I nod.

I see her lick her lips, the corner of her mouth slightly rising up into a smirk, and she starts to move closer to me.

She moves her hand up to my cheek, just like she had demonstrated, and I feel her fingers grasp tightly.

I lean my head back against the wall, waiting for the burst that will happen once her lips finally puzzle with mine.

But then someone knocks on the door. (a/n: jk jk)

And then it happens.

Her lips slightly part to fall together with mine, and it's as if they were molded for each other.

Her bottom lip feathers against my chin and my lip. Hers are so smooth when they slide against mine, I feel her suck ever so slightly on my lips before she moves back, the contact ending there.

I let out a gasp, my body almost falling to the ground, I feel heavy carrying all the sensations within me.

My head feels fucked up.

"Oh my God." I mumble.

She laughs very quietly, using her other hand to cup my entire face and pull me back for another kiss before she takes me in an embrace, exhaling against my neck.

"What are you doing to me?" I hear her say against my neck, and her hands fall to my lower back, pulling me closer to her.

I smile, savoring the moment.

~

When we're both out of the room, Minji and Danielle are standing by the front door.

"Haerin." Danielle starts.

"I know, I'm sorry for listening to your private conversation." I continue for her.

"You were in there for a while." Minji eyes me and Hanni, my cheeks getting hotter now.

"She was being stubborn." she says, as her hands suddenly make contact with my back, I look at her.

"What are you doing?" I whisper, trying to shake her hand off.

"She's satisfied with the answer you gave her?" Danielle asks, running her fingers through her hair.

I feel Hanni's hands start to slide too low, and I push myself away from her, making the other two look at us weirdly.

"I think she was very satisfied with it." Hanni smiles, innocently putting her hands behind her back.

"Oh my God get a room, seriously?" I hear a voice behind me, and I turn around seeing Hyein there.

"What?" Minji asks.

"She was groping her." Hyein points her fingers between the both of us.

I then realize that our backs were facing the stairs, so Hyein had no doubt seeing the map Hanni's hands had drawn on my back as she was walking down.

"Oh my God, that's what you were doing in there!" Danielle shivers, sticking her tongue out in disgust.

"Finally." Minji smiles at Hanni, making us both look at her in confusion.

"She's had a thing for you since we moved in." Hyein puts her hand around my shoulders, and Hanni groans.

"We don't need the details." Hanni protests.

"I think she'd like them very much." Danielle walks over and puts her other arm around my shoulder.

"Oh, I would." I say, making Minji smile.

"It was one kiss." Hanni says and I feel all the blood rush to my cheeks.

"A kiss!" Minji claps, making the others laugh and me and Hanni look down in embarrassment.

"See, Hanni told us all about how incredible you are, how 'you make her forget all the bad things in her world.' how 'your smile isn't like any other she's seen before.'" when Hyein exposes all of this, Hanni runs over and covers her mouth, pulling her into the kitchen.

Danielle still has her arm around my shoulder, "But really, Haerin, you made her a different woman." she looks at me with the sweetest smile I have ever received.

"When did all of this happen?" I ask, confused about when she started catching feelings could fit into the time frame.

"Every time she was alone with one of us you'd suddenly come up and she'd gush." Minji stands by me, crossing her arms.

"Then she'd suddenly start ranting, and she'd stop then, confused of all that had come out. Even she's surprised of her feelings for you." Danielle adds.

"That's," I pause, "A lot."

"And you can both take it slow, but I'm just happy for you." Danielle holds me closer, my chin in her chest.

Suddenly, I feel overwhelmed with the vivid feelings they've explained Hanni has.

~