t w e n t y - o n e

Haerin's POV:

My eyes flutter open to an unfamiliar room making me sit up, looking around and observing until I realize that I fell asleep with Hyein.

Except she isn't in her bed.

I look at the clock on the opposite wall, it's ten in the morning.

I yawn before I get out of bed, taking the hem of the duvet and flicking my hand so that it falls neatly back on the bed.

I walk out, looking around the hallway, all the doors are closed.

Where is Hyein?

I walk into my room to freshen up, changing into a sweater and jeans afterwards.

I open my jewelry box to put a ring on when Hyein walks in, "Good morning." she smiles.

"Hey, were you downstairs?" I ask.

She nods and hops on my bed, "Mhm, did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, your bed's comfortable." I answer, taking a few rings out and decorating my hand.

"They're all at home today, I think they're sleeping here, they've had a long week." she says and I mentally cheer.

"That's good." I raise my brows.

"Still mad at Minji?" she asks.

"I'm not mad at her, just sad about it." I shrug.

"Still ignoring Hanni?" she asks and my eyes widen, she laughs, "She talked to me."

"Talked to you? What'd she say?"

"That 'she's never felt so desperate for someone's attention', that when 'she's in the room and you don't acknowledge her, she goes insane'." Hyein answers, "She's gone full psycho." she then adds and I feel my body heat up at the thought of her.

I hear footsteps, me and Hyein look at each other and then both walk out to see Eunchae.

Her eyes are still swollen and she's scratching her head, "Good morning." she whispers, her voice raspy.

"It feels like I haven't seen you in so long." I whisper too, still trying to stay aware of the others who are sleeping.

I go over to her and open my arms, she embraces me, patting my back gently.

"I missed you too." she mutters, her voice soft.

All three of us then go to the kitchen and all work together to cook breakfast for the eight of us; pancakes, eggs, fruit and smoothies.

By the time we finish setting the table most of them are awake, except Danielle and Kazuha, so I let them sleep longer, keeping in mind the endless days of work they just endured.

They all thank us three and sit down, their faces puffy and their voices hoarse from just waking up.

I sit in between Eunchae and Leeseo, Hanni across, Hyein next to her, Minji in front of me, and awkward was an understatement for this morning.

I hadn't been talking to Minji, and I've been avoiding Hanni for a while now.

I take my mug, tilting it at my mouth to take a sip, my eyes flutter over to Hanni over the side of the mug as I drink.

She's so pretty.

The way her plump lips brush against each other as she chews, the way she focuses as she cuts her pancakes, the way her hair gracefully falls on her shoulders when she looks down at her plate; she's perfect.

I put my mug down and start remembering the things Hyein had told me; "She's never felt so desperate for someone's attention."

I can't imagine how she feels about me; how does she see me? How does she think of me? Does she admire me from afar? Does she think about me often? Does she imagine us together? Does she think I'm pretty? Beautiful? Out of this world?

I can't even think about it, because I've never once thought that someone could start developing feelings for me.

When Leeseo stands up to put her plate in the kitchen I finally snap out of it, but my eyes are still on her, and it's only until then she looks at me too.

I panic, trying to act as if I hadn't been staring at all.

After we've all finished, me and Hyein wash the dishes, Danielle and Kazuha finally wake up, getting a plate I had put aside for the both of them.

When I put all the dishes on the drying rack, I take a cloth and start wiping my hands when Minji walks in.

"Can I talk to Haerin?" she says, still standing outside of the kitchen.

Hyein doesn't say a word, just nods at her and leaves the kitchen.

I fold the cloth and put it on the counter top, waiting for Minji to begin.

"Haerin, I'm sorry for raising my voice at you, believe me when I say I feel disgusted with myself. I was just frustrated and it came out. I get it if you're uncomfortable with me but I just need you to know, don't hate me." she says with desperate, twinkling eyes.

I smile, shaking my head, "I don't hate you. I know you didn't mean any harm, I admit I was being pushy and that you did make me feel weird when you yelled but I moved past it." I say, dusting my sweater off.

She sighs, "So we're on good terms?" she asks, slightly tilting her head.

"We never were on bad terms." I answer and she walks up to hug me.

She lets go but keeps her hands on the side of my arms, "Ask me one question about my job." she offers and I give her a wide smile.

I start to search in my mind for one that would give me answers, something I can work off of.

"Okay, I have one; why do you lie about your business, you know, RedSea." I ask, and I feel her body tense.

"What kind of question is that?" she asks, letting go of my arms.

"Minji, I'm not stupid, I know RedSea doesn't produce medical equipment." I say, lying, I don't know anything, but a big part of me doesn't truly believe they do.

I think intimidating her might get me a good answer, hopefully.

"You do? Do you have proof?" she says, crossing her ams with a smug smile.

"You haven't given people an answer about RedSea only until they pressed you about it." I say, looking at her closely for any reaction.

She scoffs, "Haerin, what do we need to do to prove that we are normal? Why are you so suspicious of us?"

"Minji, seven of you all moved into my house last minute because of an "evication" that I haven't even gotten details about, you obviously have money, I'm pretty sure you can afford something." I explain and she sighs.

"We got kicked out after three strikes not because we were bad people, it's because of our work, we woke up too early and we came home too late, and seven women getting ready and unready during the day causes a lot of noise, we disturbed too many people." she explains to me, and I begin to feel a little stupid.

"Then buy a house." I defend.

"We couldn't, our company has been struggling so our priorities changed."

I start to feel heat on my cheeks, embarrassed.

"And to answer your question, we didn't lie, we just weren't asked questions too much until we started getting bigger, we struggled to share information on our company because it gives us more freedom to choose investors and retain our strategies. We majored is business and economics, Haerin." she finishes, and by the end of it, I want to run out of the room and hide.

"Maybe I overreacted and thought about it all so much." I look down, but she slightly chuckles.

"No, it's a good thing to know you're preceptive. It's really good to know that."

~