t h i r t y

Haerin's POV:

I wake up at seven in the morning because of the pain, although it has lessened, it's still enough to wake me up.

I watch TV until ten in the morning since Hanni still hasn't woken up, and then she finally gets up when it's half past eleven.

"Good morning." she mumbles, sitting up and running her fingers through her hair.

"Slept well?" I ask, lifting my sweater up looking at my wound again, the blood stained the gauze again.

"Mhm. How's the wound?" she asks, leaning towards me and holding up my sweater as well.

"A little too comfortable there, girlie." I lean back on my elbows as she observes.

She chuckles, "I need to make sure there's no infection, I might be in your space for a while." she says before getting out of bed and locking the bathroom door.

I push myself out of the bed very carefully, scrunching my face and waiting for some sort of sharp pain, but it's just the regular constant sting I've been feeling all the time.

I successfully get out of bed and look at the mirror, taking my sweater off completly. I spin around in the mirror, looking at the gauze from all angles.

I can't believe I've been shot, and I'm surviving, with no proper medical care.

I rub my fingers across the gauze, careful when around the wound.

I hear the lock turning and quickly grab my sweater, putting it on.

"We're probably going back today." Hanni says, drying her hands with a towel.

"Really?" I turn to her and she nods.

"We have to get you home anyway." she says, going into her bag for clothes.

Right, home.

"That's good, I've been living out of this sweater since we left." I look down at the blood stained fabric, when she suddenly tosses me a hoodie.

"You should've said something." she says before she, out of the blue, takes her own shirt off making me quickly turn around, hiding my face in the hoodie.

I hear her laugh quietly, "Sorry." she mumbles and I roll my eyes.

"Oh, you accidentally took off your shirt, didn't you?" I say sarcastically.

"It's not like you've never been interested before, didn't you sneak a look-" she starts to recall a moment I've tried to forget and I turn back around, yelling at her.

"Alright, alright! Point made." I say and she smiles a proud smile, still pulling her shirt down.

Before she can fully cover herself, I notice a black spot on the very bottom of her stomach, almost to where her waistband meets.

She notices my eyes and look down, "Oh, that." she says and slightly pulls her shirt back up. That's when I see the similar eye with the cross tht Danielle showed me on her shoulder.

"That's your cartel's symbol." I say instead of her and she looks back up into my eyes.

"Who told you?" she asks.

"Danielle." I answer.

It's such a mesmerizing tattoo. The eye wide as if it has just seen something horrifying, the reflection of the cross in its lens burning, as if the eye sees agony.

Sees something it shouldn't have seen.

"What does it mean?" I ask, finally pulling my eyes away from it, making her cover it again with her shirt.