t w e n t y - f i v e

Haerin's POV:

I wake up in my bedroom, the comfort of my bed making me feel safe again.

I slowly push myself to sit up, and it feels like my brain wants to explode. My head is thumping against something.

I put my hands around my head and feel a wrap, my head is wrapped in gauze. I groan, lying back down and beginning to feel tears strain my face.

"Haerin?" I hear, and open my eyes to see Danielle at the door.

"Hi." I whisper and wipe my tears away.

"How are you feeling?" she asks with a soft voice, it soothes me.

"I don't know. I'm in pain but I'm in more pain trying to figure out what the hell happened." I say.

Her lips line, and she rubs her forehead, "Us too, the weirder part is only you, and a few other staff got affected. I'm guessing some have more sensitive ears." she says before sitting on my bed, taking my hand while smiling.

"You guys aren't at work." I mumble and she nods.

"We stayed back for you." she begins to caress the back of my hand with her thumb.

"Danielle, can I ask you a question?" I try, and she seems hesitant.

"Please, just this once."

"Fine, go ahead." she says, squeezing my hand with a smile on her face.

"Your company is very advanced, that building is obviously also very advanced, how many faults like this are most likely to happen?" I ask and I see the wheels in her brain turn, before she slowly opens her mouth.

"Not many. We've had maybe one fault with the water tanks three years ago. It's strange." she says and I mentally agree.

Strange.

- - - - -

After having dinner with all of them, I decide to shower. I've felt disgusting the whole day.

The doctor told me to unwrap the gauze and place silicone plugs in my ears when showering, to avoid getting water in my ears.

"Reptured eardrum." I whisper, looking in the mirror, I could've lost my eardrums completely.

After taking off my clothes, I take off the gauze and get distracted by examining my ears.

There are dry blood stains around my ear, and in my hair too, I carefully put my hand near my ears, and I see the image of Hyein's hands covered in blood. The fear and worry on her face.

I take the silicone ear plugs and very slowly put them in, waiting for some sort of shooting pain, but I put them in successfully without feeling anything.

I turn on the water in the shower and let it melt the stress and pain of the week away. I close my eyes, feeling a little better.

Then I hear a knock.

"Hello?!" I call out over the sound of the rushing water.

No answer.

"Hello?!" I try, louder this time.

Nothing.

I shrug it away and continue showering.

Once I'm out, I take a towel and wrap myself in it, going into my room to change.

I notice a piece of paper on my bed and I pick it up.

I notice the handwriting is messy, rushed.

I start to read, 'I warned you to watch your back.'

I drop it immediately, and my hands begin to shake, I want to scream but my ears are still healing.

I put my hand over my mouth, suddenly feeling a rush down my spine, I feel the hairs on my body stand.

"Oh my god." I mumble and pick the paper back up, running out of my room, almost jumping down the stairs.

"Help." I mumble, and all seven of them stand up once they see me, running over to where I was standing.

"You're shaking, what happened?" Hyein asks and I hand her the paper.

They all look over her shoulder as she reads it, and they all go frantic.

"You need to go. We can't stay here." Kazuha grabs my shoulders and walks me up the stairs.

"Kazuha her ears." Minji warns her and she looks back.

"Just go, we'll follow." she says.

"But he's in the house." Hanni answers, all of them waiting at the bottom of the stairs.

Kazuha puts her hands over my ears, "Just go!" she yells, and they very hesitantly leave.

"He's in the house?" I ask, my voice cracking.

"No time for questions. Change, quickly." she pushes me to my room, but I don't go in, I turn back looking at her, my hands squeezing my towel.

"I'm scared." I say, and she smiles, walking up to me.

"I'll go in with you, I promise I won't look." she says, putting her pinky up.

I chuckle, and twist my pinky around hers.

She sits on the bed and turns to the wall, and I try to change as quickly as possible; bra, underwear, sweatpants and a sweater.

"Done." I say, my body still shaking.

I'm so paranoid my eyes flicker all over my room, waiting for something to come out.

"Where's the gauze?" she asks and I point towards the bathroom.

She comes back into the room with it, takes my ear plugs out and very carefully, yet quickly, begin to make several layers around my head and ears.

When she's done, she pats her hands around my head, "Good?" she asks, still wearing a comforting smile.

I nod.

"Then let's go." she takes my hand and dashes to her room, she crouches on the floor and pulls two silver cases from under her bed, my eyebrows furrow.

Her thumbs very smoothly open the latches on them, and there I see two guns in each, and I take a step back.

"Kazuha?" my voice cracks.

She takes all of them out and shoves the two into her boots and two into her waist band.

"I said no time for questions."

"But-" before I can say anything, she takes my hand again and runs out of the house.

She pulls out a set of keys out of her pockets and clicks a button, I hear the responding beep from her car.

"Get in." she says and lets go of my hand.

I quickly do, and she runs around the car, opening the trunk and closing it again. I try to see what she's doing from the rear-view mirror but fail.

She's in the driver's seat now, and I buckle my seat belt.

"Fair warning, I'm going to drive fast." she  breathes heavily.

"How fast?" I ask.

And she almost stomps her feet on the gas pedal, and I feel my head get dragged back to the seat.

A/N

SOMEONE kept spamming my insta dms while i was writing this chap.

thx for 10k reads btw, i love y'all sm🫶🏻🫶🏻

~