t h i r t e e n

Haerin's POV:

It's been two weeks now, and not a lot has been going on.

Me and Hyein have been going to school and now we have a few more days left until spring break.

The rest of the girls have been doing the same thing, which is head out to work early in the morning and then come back really late.

As we got closer, we started hanging out more outside of the house.

We'd go to cafes, theme parks and beaches in between our busier days, and thanks to that I've been able to get close to all of them.

Now I'm in bed at twelve in the evening on a Saturday because I'm too lazy to get up.

There's been a collection of noise downstairs. I've gotten used to that by now, the loud laughs, conversations, their random shouts. It's a norm for me.

The sounds downstairs don't bother me until I receive a text from Minji, "Come downstairs quickly." it reads.

I sit up and get out of bed, not taking the time to freshen up.

I skip two steps as I hop downstairs. When I walk into the living room, the atmosphere is so different, I instantly feel it.

They all look frustrated or angry, either one. Hanni is on the couch facing away from me, but her back is hunched over, her head is clearly in her hand.

Eunchae's next to her, her hands on her back, rubbing circles there. I really can't tell who's who sometimes.

"What's going on?" I break the uneasy tension, and they all turn to me except Hanni.

Hyein walks over to me, "The FBI officially closed her father's case." she says, clearly angry.

"Oh my god!" I gasp, "But why, it's been on for so long, right?"

"We think that they were paid to move on." Minji says from where she's standing.

"They can do that?" I ask, walking over to see Hanni.

"If you're powerful enough, probably." Kazuha replies.

"Hanni, go rest, don't stress yourself out, it's going to make it worse." I kneel on the ground in front of her so that I can take a better look at her face but she shakes her head, sniffling.

I look at Hyein but she waves her hand dismissively, telling me that there's no point, I hear Hanni sob.

"Hanni please, come with me, I'll help you get to bed. This isn't helping." I try to lift her head up to meet my eyes but she resists.

"She's too angry." Eunchae says.

"Well, what do we do now?" I look at them, but they just shake their heads.

"There's nothing we can do. We can't draw too much attention either, so speaking with them would be worse, because we don't know who they're involved with." Leeseo says, standing up from her place and starting to pace around the room.

Hanni suddenly stands up, walking swiftly upstairs before a door slams shut.

"Her father is a sensitive subject, they were really close." Kazuha explains, "She struggled making friends when she was younger, so her father was all she had."

My chest feels heavy as I hear this, she lost the only father figure in her life. A girl needs a father.

"Is she gonna get better?" I stand up from the ground and sit on the couch next to Eunchae.

"It'll take a day, she's good at repressing it." Hyein sits down across from me.

"You know, Haerin, a few years ago something like this would've made her react really badly." Kazuha says.