t w e n t y - n i n e

Haerin's POV:

Danielle joins me outside, "You're right, I don't know what it's like, but I do know what it's like to feel betrayed, my brother betrayed me, my parents betrayed me, all for money!" she extorts.

"If you understand the feeling, why'd you let it happen to me, why didn't you say anything when you realized you all started to like me!" I yell back, throwing my hands in the air.

"Because! It would terrify you!"

"Of course it would!" I can feel the blood in my body rush to my face, and I begin to walk to the car before I can get even more angrier.

"Haerin! Wait!" I hear Danielle yell, and I turn around to see the blonde waitress from earlier with a gun in her hand.

I don't get to react before it all happens.

The pop noise is the first thing I hear and then suddenly I feel like something has shoved me to the ground.

When I finally make the hard hit against the sandy ground, I start to feel the pain on the side of my stomach.

I gasp, carefully placing my shaking hand on the spot where the pain of the hole in my stomach shot up my body like fire. I shiver.

It's making me dizzy. The pain like needles, needles on fire being jammed into me. Like an electric shock literally burning throughout me.

I look at my hand and see the blood, so much that my entire hand is covered, the string ruin smell clouding my brain.

I hear a few more popping noises along with Danielle yelling my name, I keep my hand on my stomach, staring at the blue sky.

The thought of dying distracts me from the pain, or the amount of blood I feel gushing against my hand.

For some odd reason the thought of dying doesn't sound so bad, and I smile at the pretty white clouds, whoever is up there watching me slowly leave.

My stomach starts aching again, this time louder almost, I hear a ringing, and I feel something coming out of my ears.

Shit.

The pop noise probably bursted them.

The ache won't stop, and I scream, starting to cry.

'Just take me away, quickly.' the voice in my head begs.

I scream louder, the blood running all over me, under me, onto me.

"Haerin, keep breathing, we can fix this." I suddenly see Danielle kneeling beside me, blood splattered on her face.

I want to ask her what she did, but it hurts, it hurts too much to even breathe.

She takes my hand off my body and pressed both her hands on my stomach, I scream again, groaning at the pain.

"I'm sorry, we need to stop the blood." she whimpers, pressing a little more.

"Stop, please!" I breathe out, just wanting to die, just wanting to go.

There's nothing left for me here anyway.

She suddenly lifts me up, bridal style, and starts running to the car.

I feel like I'm in a haze, slipping in and out of unconsciousness.

She very carefully places me on the passenger's seat, sliding her arms out and closing the door, running to the driver's seat.

She gets in and turns on the ignition, she puts her hand on the wheel and that's when I notice all the blood on her hands, and I panic, how much blood is really coming out of me?