t w e n t y - s e v e n

Haerin's POV:

"This is all a lie." I mumble, slowly standing up.

"I can explain." she moves her hands forward, to catch me if I tried to get away.

"There's nothing to explain. That's it, you've missed your chances." I wipe my tears, looking around the room.

"Haerin, just look at me, breathe, and let me talk to you, please." she looks desperate, her mouth twitching.

"No, please stop talking, just let me get some air." I pull my hair back, away from my neck, my body heating up.

"Haerin-"

"Hyein! Stop!" I yell, before my head falls, and I begin to cry more.

Nothing was real.

They weren't real.

RedSea isn't real.

Even my best friend, wasn't real.

"Fine." she moves away and I almost speed out the room, bashing against the door.

"Oh god." I breathe, putting my hand over my stomach, I feel so nauseous.

"Haerin, what's wrong?" I feel a hand on my back, and I flinch.

It's Hanni and Eunchae.

I just look at them, tears falling down my eyes, how can I even talk about this?

Drug dealers?

"You-" I try once, but it won't come out.

"What is it?" Eunchae pushes, reaching for my hand, but I take a step back.

"It-" I try again but I can't, my voice is shaking, I feel like throwing up.

"Haerin, you're scaring me." Hanni says, her eyes worried, her body tense.

I whimper, and more tears come out, why can't I stop it?

It won't stop.

I cover my mouth, trying not to make a sound but it physically hurts my chest.

"Haerin, oh my god, what's wrong?" Hanni asks once more, this time placing her hand on mine and I push her away.

"No. Don't touch me." I shake my head, "You all lied, you told me to trust you, you manipulated me." I point my finger accusingly at them, and they slowly seem to get it, I nod.

"Wait." Eunchae moves forward but I keep taking steps back.

"No, I waited, I waited for you to finally say something, to answer at least one question I asked, no."

This doesn't feel real, I can't believe it's real.

"She knows." I hear Hyein, and I quickly turn my head to see her walk out of our room.

"Fuck." Hanni mutters.

"The letter, the man at the café, my ears, it's all because of you, whatever you do, and you stayed, I could've died." I rub my forehead, feeling a laugh build up in my throat, I feel hysterical.

"We knew if we left suddenly, you would hate us." Eunchae admits and I finally get the chuckle out.

I realize how insane I look.

"And you think this is better?! I'm in the middle of nowhere with gangsters."

"Don't raise your voice, people will hear." Hanni tried to reach for my hand but I pull back.

"Don't touch me!" I yell and I suddenly feel a hand over my mouth.

"Stop!" I fail to mumble through the hand, I feel another hand grab my waist and I try my best to kick.