s i x

Haerin's POV:

Rain began to fall only a few minutes later, the wind loud, almost yelling.

The sky above me was different shades of grey, swirling around with speed.

The entire car ride with her, I had my head turned towards the window, avoiding any conversation for now.

When we walk into her house, the memories of our younger selves play. The small me running up to my best friends room to play with my new toys, our giggles filling up the house.

Her mother interrupts my reminiscing, "Haerin?! Wow, look at you, you've grown to be so pretty? Why don't you come over anymore?" she smiles brightly, pulling me in for a hug.

Does her mother not know?

I don't say anything and let her hug me, I bow to her and a smile forces its way onto my face.

"Mom, we'll be in my room." she says, stopping her mother from getting deeper into this conversation.

Seoyeon was quiet and didn't speak to me at all, which I didn't appreciate, I wanted to get this over with.

She led me into her room and closed the door, "What?" I ask coldly.

"I've missed you." she says, sitting on the edge of her bed.

I sigh, "What did you need to tell me?" I ask, ignoring what she just said.

"I miss you, you were right, those "friends" weren't really friends." she confesses and lets her tears go, not being able to hold them back anymore.

"What about you and Shota? Does he still treat you badly?" I ask, not letting her faze.

"One of the girls in the group is apparently getting too close." she wipes her eyes.

"I'm sorry." I mumble, she holds the bottom of her palms into her eyes, trying her best to hide the state she was in.

She removes her hands and looks up at me, "Can we be friends again?" her face turns red, embarrassed from her request.

I scoff suddenly, not controlling my rising anger, "Are you serious?"

She straightens her back and tears flow down her rosey cheeks again, but she doesn't make a single sound this time.

"Seoyeon, you do realize what you're saying right now right?" I ask, hurt from her request, she looks up at me confused so I continue, "You want us to be friends again because it's convenient for you. I'm not your plan B."

"That's not-" she begins but I interrupt her.

"Yes, it's exactly what you're doing. Why else would you suddenly be talking to me after all this time?" I've run out of energy to hold my tears back. Not wanting her to see me weak, I leave the room.

I don't wait for her to stop me, not wanting her to anyways.

All she seems to be capable of is hurting me.

I leave her house, the rain pouring hard now, I let all my tears flow, all the tears I held back I finally let go.

I miss her. But if she's neglected me once, I'm sure she'll do again. Old habits does hard.

The rain doesn't stop me from walking in the cold dark streets. I just want to get home and sleep, ease the pain my mind has been through.

~

I insert the key and slam the door hard, I hit my back against it and sigh, pulling my soaked hair back.

I walk upstairs and change out of my uniform. When I walk out of my room Hyein is walking up the stairs.

"We were supposed to go home together." she says with her backpack slung on her shoulder.

"Sorry, something came up." I rub my arms.

"What? It's raining outside, where could you possibly go?" she walks past me into her new room.

"Seoyeon needed to talk."

Her head peaks out of her room, "Ew, what did she want?" she waits.

"She wants to be friends again." I roll my eyes.

"You said 'no' tight?" she asks, putting a black sweater on.

"Of course. I don't think it was genuine anyway."

She walks out of her room and puts her arm over my shoulder, pulling me to her side while we start to descend downstairs.

"Poor thing." she says, rubbing my shoulder.

~

Me and Hyein are getting lunch in the kitchen when Kazuha, Eunchae and Danielle walks in, all in suits.

"Hyein, upstairs." Kazuha says, nudging her head towards the stairs.

They all look frustrated.

Hyein doesn't say anything and follows Danielle and Kazuha upstairs while Eunchae sits by me.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

"Mhm." she nods, giving me a reassuring smile.

"Do you want some." I ask her, pointing to my rosé pasta.

"Sure, why not?" she nods, her smile comforting me.

I stand up to get her a bowl, and when I walk back into the living room Kazuha is there whispering something to her.

I walk up to them and they stop, Kazuha clearing her throat, "We're so sorry, we have to go."

Then Hyein and Danielle walk down, I look back at Kazuha, "Hyein too?" I ask.

She nods, "Family business." Danielle says, and I nod, unsure of what's happening.

"You guys aren't related though." I put the bowl down disappointed.

"I said we were like sisters." Hyein pats my shoulder and walks out the door, Danielle and Kazuha following.

"What about the others?" I ask the girl the one with the absurd blue hair before she can leave.

"They're all at work." is all she says and leaves me in the house alone.

~

A/N

k so this will be the last chapter i will be uploading until I finish school cuz it's ending soon n the final exams started. I will try to upload if i have the time to tho.