n i n e t e e n

Haerin's POV:

When she parks the car in front of a large busy building, I look at her unimpressed.

"Not liking it already?" she asks with her eyebrows raised.

"Eh, it's cliché." I shrug, getting out of the car.

"And why is that?" she continues as I walk towards the building's entrance.

"They're scary businesswomen in an intimidating building." I look at her and she nods.

"I'll give you that then."

However, it's a different story when I enter. It's all black marble, and everyone inside is dressed in either grey or black suits.

The entrance room is a big dome shape, and at the tip of the domes interior hangs an enormous crystal and gold chandelier.

At the very center of the large room there is a square counter with five employees working at it, everyone in the room seems to look exquisite, almost sculpted.

All the floors are black marble too, with hints of white mixed into them. The sound of heels and dress shoes clicking against them is very clear.

There is two glass elevators at the left and right side of the building and one wide set of stairs at the center.

There are four doors on either side of the building as well.

"How big is this building?" I ask Hyein.

"Bigger than usual." she answers and starts leading me to Kazuha.

She walks by the five people at the square desk, the receptionists I assume, and one of them, a pretty blonde with delecious dark skin says, "Good afternoon Mrs. Lee." she smiles.

"Good afternoon to you too." Hyein answers.

"People know you here?"

"I come by often, plus the girls are important here so when I'm seen with them all the time I become important too." Hyein answers and gets into one of the glass elevators, pressing number fourteen from the buttons.

When we reach the floor, I see that it's all carpeted in grey, but the walls are still black marble.

There are abstract paintings in black and white hung sparsely on the walls.

When Hyein leads me down the hall, I see many glass doors leading into big rooms with many people, meeting rooms I assume.

There are also large crushioned chairs placed in the center of the floor for others like me to sit.

Hyein halts when she reaches a room with doubled glass doors, both matte to stop whoever comes here from seeing the room.

"Nakamura Kazuha" is written on a gold plaque by the door, under her name "Vice President" is engraved.

My eyes widen, "She's the vice president here?" I ask, tapping her shoulder.

"They're all in the higher status in this business." Hyein answers.

"Give me another example." I tell her before she knocks on the glass door.

"Leeseo is the president of the company, Minji is the chief executive officer." she looks at me with a smile.

"Leeseo owns this place? And Minji is the CEO?!" I almost yell out.

Then Kazuha opens the door, she's wearing a full black suit, even her dress shirt under it is black.

"You brought Haerin?" is the first thing she says.

"Mhm, she wanted to come." Hyein says before walking into the office, me following her.