t w e n t y - t w o

Haerin's POV:

It's Sunday morning, I finish up my biology booklet and pack my bag for school the next day.

During the afternoon, I went out with Minji on a walk around the central city, we ate at a coffee house and looked around in a few shops, it was nice going on a walk with her again, it felt really good.

Leeseo and Hyein had also gone out to order pizza for all of us, some pasta dishes as well.

After I take a shower I walk down to eat with all of them at the dinner table, and nothing happens until Minji speaks up, "I wanna take Haerin to work with us tomorrow."

Everyone looks straight at her, even me.

"She has school." Kazuha, the only one who didn't look at us, answers sternly.

"She can skip." Minji defends, "Hyein too."

"We're busy tomorrow." Danielle says and I feel a very tense tension begin to build up around me.

"She's coming with us, she's interested, why not let her see?" she says and I mentally agree, I'd love to see what they do, I barely saw their company the other day, the trip was cut short.

"Minji." Leeseo says through gritted teeth, her eyes threatening her, and I begin to feel awkward.

"She's coming." she says and then they all go silent.

"If you guys are really busy then it's fin-"

"Haerin, we'll be fine, I want you to see the company." she interrupts me and I go silent.

The rest of the day was even more awkward.

- - - - -

The next morning I wake up to Minji's face right above mine, I try my best to look at her but my eyelids feel like they're being pulled down.

"Get ready, we're going to work now." she whispers but all I want to do is fall back asleep, I feel more tired than usual.

Then I notice that the room is pitch black, usually the sun sneaks through my curtains in the morning, "What time is it?" I ask as soon as I notice.

"4 am." she answers and I groan.

"Do you really need to go to work at this hour?" I ask.

"We do this every morning, now get ready we need to go." she says, I hear her walk out of the room, but like a villain she turns on the lights and I whine.

After a few minutes of debating whether it was really worth it to go or to just sleep more, I finally get up and splatter cold water on my face to wake up.

I go over to my closet and start to think about what would be appropriate, something formal, something grey or black to match everyone else.

I pick out a black dress and slip it on, wearing black heels.

While I yawn, I pick up my hair and put it in a sleek ponytail, pulling small bits of my hair out at the sides to make it look better.

I feather on a little bit of makeup, too tired to do anything more than blush, mascara and some lipstick.

When I get downstairs, a few of them aren't ready, so I sit on the couch to wait, trying my best not to fall asleep, it feels like my eyes are fighting me.

Minji sits beside me on the couch, and I very lazily look over at her, she smiles, "Good morning to you too." she chirps.

"How do you have so much energy?" I ask, before yawning, again.

"I've been doing this for years now." she says as she neatly adjusts the cuffs of her sleeves I notice silver cufflinks there. By the way why are they all wearing suits? When they're girls? I just shrug it off.