Michael and Joanna

Lauren's pov:

The happy mood that we had all had before at being out of the villa had now been doused with ice water. I felt Tommy tighten his grip on me as we stared at two of our friends who had to be chosen between. Caroline looked at us "as a group the rest of you must now decide who to save. The islander you choose to save will return to the villa and have another chance at finding love. The other will be dumped immediately." 

We all circled up and talked it through before moving back in to a line as Curtis spoke "we have decided to save Michael." I felt Tommy hug me as I smiled through tears at Joanna. 

"Michael, you've been saved by your fellow islanders." Caroline then looked at Joanna "Joanna, I'm afraid you've been dumped from the island." 

This is absolutely awful because Michael did like Joanna and now their journey is being cut short. 

Caroline looked at Michael "how are you feeling?" 

"I feel like I came here and I found what I wanted," Maura and I looked at each other at that. "And now...she's leaving." 

Caroline nodded "Joanna, how do you feel?" 

"Bit disappointed, but it's fine." Joanna looked at Michael. "You're a big part of the villa so it's fine." 

Michael smiled "I have the utmost respect for everyone, I do, and I know it's a hard decision, like, it's not taken lightly, and there's no, like there's no shade thrown about it. It was hard I get it." 

Caroline nodded "Joanna, it's time to say your goodbyes. The rest of you I'll see you very soon." We all nodded before Caroline walked away and Michael reached for Joanna but was snubbed. I looked at Tommy whose eyes showed the same surprise as mine. 

The boys all walked over to hug Michael as Maura came over to me and Anna "babes, he said he found what he's looking for but he never said that he was going to leave." 

I nodded because she was right as Anna sighed "I feel shit for Joanna," she spoke while looking over at her. 

I think Michael is definitely a little conflicted because he told everyone that he found what he was looking for and so far hasn't shown any indication of leaving with her. 

Us girls then walked over to join Belle and Joanna who were hugging and talking. I smiled at the goodbye of Joanna and Belle before seeing Joanna turn to Michael. 

I stepped to Tommy allowing Michael to get to Joanna as Tommy hugged me. I sat with Tommy on the counter as we watched Michael and Joanna talk "she doesn't seem happy." 

"No, she doesn't" Tommy spoke in agreement with me. "I'm just worried for Michael because he told all of us that he got what he wanted and now isn't leaving." I nodded and leaned further back into him as he whispered "I'd leave if I was in Michael's position." 

I smiled at that " so would I" before I pecked him on the lips. 

I would leave in an instant if it was Tommy and I in this situation so I seriously wonder what is keeping Michael here. 

We all headed back to the villa where we immediately got ready for bed. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before making my way down the stairs and into my bed with Tommy. I cuddled close to him before seeing Michael get into his bed alone out of the corner of my eye. 

I grabbed Koda that was in between me and Tommy and turned to look at Michael "I can cuddle with T, you need this more than I do tonight." Michael nodded before I tossed Koda to him making him smile before we all fell asleep.