9 Goodbye HYDRA

We were in London, Steve informing the others where he saw the HYDRA bace's on a map that was where we found Bucky.

"The fifth one was here in Poland, near the Baltic. And the sixth one was about here, 30, 40 miles west of the Maginot Line." Steve said finishing the map as I stood watching him beside Peggy. "I just got a quick look." He claimed.

"Well, nobody's perfect. Peggy smiled as we walked off.

———

"These are the weapon factories we know about. Sergeant Barnes said that HYDRA shipped all the parts to another facility that isn't on this map." Steve explained as we stood in front of the large map.

"Agent Carter, coordinate with MI6. I want every Allied eyeball looking for that main HYDRA bace." Colonel ordered as he walked off, Steve, Peggy and I following him.

"What about us?" Peggy asked.

"We are going to set a fire under Johann Schmidt's ass. What do you say Rogers? It's your map. You think you can wipe HYDRA off it?" Colonel said.

"Yes, Sir. I'll need a team." Steve agreed happily.

"We're already putting together the best men and.... I can't believe I'm asking this but, Agent Barnes would you be willing to join Rogers?" Colonel asked.

"Yes, Sir." I say finding it difficult to contain my excitement.

"With all due respect, Sir, so am I. For starters it does include Agent Barnes." Steve said.

—————

"So, let's get this straight. We barely got out of there alive, and you want us to go back?" One of the men said as we sat in a bar at a table with the others Steve wanted in team.

    "Pretty much." Steve said.

    "Sounds rather fun, actually." One of the men said.

    "I'm in." Agreed Jim as he let out a belch.
Another man said something in French but I didn't understand a word. The man beside him said something in French as well and they shook hands.

"We're in." The second man said smiling.

"Hell, I'll always fight. But you got to do one thing for me." Timothy said.

"What's that?" Steve asked.

"Open a tab." Timothy said finishing his beer and the table broke off into laughter. "One more thing, why did the Colonel decide for a girl to be in this?" The table went silent and all eyes fell on me.

"Well, why did I decide not to shoot you in the face when we saved you?" I smile and finish my drink.

"I like you already." Timothy smiled.

Steve got up from the table with the empty cups and I got up myself with my own.

"Another round." Steve said.

"Where are they putting all this stuff?" The bartender asked.

I left Steve to go sit with Bucky.

"How'd it go, Doll?" Bucky asked me with a smile.

"They agreed, but by the end of the night they should all be passed out drunk." I say giving Bucky a kiss.

"See? I told you." Bucky said as Steve walked over. "They're all idiots"

"How about you?" Steve asks. "Are you ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?"

"Hell, no." Bucky answered. "That little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him." Bucky took a sip. "But you're keeping the outfit, right?"

"Please say yes." I smile. "But as long as it doesn't come with the song."

"You know what? It's kind of growing on me." Steve said.

Then the bar went silent and we looked to see Peggy wearing a red dress.

"Captain." She said.

"Agent Carter." Steve answered as Peggy walked over.

"Ma'am." Bucky smiled.

"Howard has some equipment for you to try. Tomorrow morning?" Peggy told him.

"Sounds good." Steve said looking at her.

"I see your top squad is prepping for duty." Peggy commented as we heard the drunk men singing.

"You don't like music?" Bucky asked.

"I do, actually." Peggy answered not taking her eyes off Steve. "I might even, when this is all over, go dancing."

"Then what are you waiting for?" I asked.

"The right partner." Peggy answered. "0800, Captain." Peggy said then left.

"Yes, Ma'am. I'll be there." Steve said.

"How stupid can you be." I say to Steve as soon as Peggy is gone.

"What?" Steve looked at me.

"She obvious likes you, and it's no secret you like her back. Why on earth didn't you say anything?" I tell him.

Steve walked away.

—————

I walked over to Steve as he looked at the shields Howard made for him.

    "This one's fun." Howard said, "She's been fitted with electrical relays that allow you to..."

    "What about this one?" Steve asked reaching under the table and talking a single circular silver Shield.

    "No, no, that's just a prototype." Howard said.

  "What's it made of?" Steve asked ignoring Howard.

    "Vibranium. It's stronger than steel and a third to weight. It's completely vibration absorbent." Howard explained.

    "How come it's not standard issue?" Steve asked obviously liking the Shield.

    "That's the rarest metal on Earth." Howard told him.

    "You quite finished, Mr. Stark?" Peggy asked walking over. "I'm sure the Captain has some unfinished business."

    "What do you think?" Steve asked with a smile holding up the Shield for Peggy.

Without saying a word Peggy picked up a gun off another table firing four shots at Steve. Howard ducked under the table and I just stepped back. Amazingly there wasn't even a dent on the Shield.

    "Yes, I think it works." Peggy smiled putting the gun down and walking past Steve.

Howard walked beside Steve both staring at Peggy.

—————

I got clothes properly fitted to me, a nice set of pants, shirts, jacket and boots.

We travelled from bace to bace burning and destroying every HYDRA camp easily. With Steve or Captain America leading the way. I stuck usually beside my Husband making sure nothing happened to him and he made sure nothing happened to me. Steve, Bucky and I, we never let anybody harm each other always having each other's backs.
We blew up tanks destroying towns, destroyed HYDRA supplies we ran through forests being rained down by bombs we made sure to wipe HYDRA out completely.