47 We Come Together

Two years have now passed since the Avengers broke up. Bucky was in Wakanda I would visit him a lot.

————

It was all over the news, Aliens attacking and Stark, he was gone, missing, taken.

——

I watch as one of the two Aliens throw their spear at him but Steve easily catches it. He steps into the light as a train passes.

I tap the Alien that threw the spear, she swung for me but I dogged and threw her across the station crashing through the glass of a coffee shop.
Sam flew over launching missiles at the other Alien.
Steve threw the spear and Nat caught it as she ran towards the Alien sliding under and stabbing him.

I watch as Steve jumps in front of Nat just as the Alien that I threw came at them with her spear that she called back out of Nat's hand. Steve and Nat fight the Alien. I walk forward throwing one Alien to the ground landing beside her injured partner. Sam landed and the four of us stood above the two Aliens.

    "Get up." The girl told the boy.

     "I can't." He said.

    "We don't wanna kill you." Nat told them.

   "But we will." I say.

    "You'll never get the chance again." The girl said and the two Aliens were beamed up.

We walk over to Wanda and Vision, Vision lay injured.

    "Can you stand?" Sam asked helping Vision up, Wanda and him both support Vision.

    "Thank you, Captain." Vision grunted.

    "Let's get you on the jet." Steve said.

——

    "I thought we had a deal. Stay close, check in, don't take any chances." Nat said as the jet left the ground.

    "I'm sorry." Wanda apologized. "We just wanted time."

    "Where to, Cap?" Sam asked.

    "Home." Steve answered.

————

We land at the Avengers compound. We walk towards Rhodey who is taking with the Secretary of State hologram.

"Mr. Secretary." Steve said and we stopped in the doorway.

"You got some nerve." The Secretary hologram said walking up to Nat. "I'll give you that."

"You could use some of that right now." Nat told him.

"The world's on fire." The Secretary turned to Steve. "And you think all is forgiven?"

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight. And if you wanna stand in our way... we'll fight you too." Steve told him.

"Arrest them." Mr. Secretary ordered Rhodey.

"All over it." Rhodey hung up. "That's a court-martial. It's great to see you, Cap."

   "You too, Rhodey." Steve smiled.
Nat walked up and Rhodey pulled her in for a quick hug.

   "Wow. You guys..." Rhodey sighed. "Really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years."

    "Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star." Sam said.

    "He needs to shave the beard." I say looking at Steve.

    "It looks good." Steve defended.

    "Uh, I think you look great." We hear a familiar voice say. We turn to see Banner who has been missing since Sokovia. "Uh... Yeah, I'm back."

    "Hi, Bruce." Nat said.

     "Nat." He nodded after a long pause.

    "This is awkward." Sam whispered.

———

   "So we gotta assume they're coming back, right?" Rhodey guessed.

    "And they can clearly find us." Wanda added.

    "We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?" Banner asked.

    "After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families. They're on house arrest." Nat informed him.

    "Who's Scott?" Banner asked confused.

    "Ant-Man." Steve said.

    "There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man?" Banner asked.

"And I can do this." I make a lightbulb explode in one of the lamps in the far corner of the room.

    "What?" He looked at me confused and shocked. "Okay, look. Thanos has the biggest army in the universe... and he is not gonna stop until he gets... Vision's Stone."

"Then we have to protect it." Nat said.

"No, we have to destroy it." Vision decided. " I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head. About its nature. But also its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source... something very similar to its own signature, perhaps..." Vision walked up to Wanda. "It's molecular integrity could fail."

"Yeah, and you with it." Wanda told him. "We're not having this conversation."

"Eliminating the Stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it." Vision explained.

"That's too high a price." Wanda said.

"Only you have the power to pay it." Vision told her.

"What about (Y/n), your power is similar to Wanda." Sam pointed out. "If it comes to it."

"I can't. In some ways I am stronger than Wanda and in others she is stronger than me but I can't destroy the Stone. Wanda got her powers from the Stone, I didn't. Only she can do it." I explain.

"Thanos threatens half the universe. One life cannot stand in the way defeating him." Vision said.

"But it should. We don't trade lives, Vision." Steve told him.

"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life... to save how many millions of people?" Vision pointed out. "Tell me, why is this any different?"

"Because you might have a choice." Banner said. "Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. Jarvis, Ultron, Tony, me, the Stone. All of them mixed together, all of them learning from one another."

"You're saying Vision isn't just the Stone?" Wanda asked.

"I'm saying that if we take out the Stone... there's still a whole lot of Vision left." Banner explained. "Perhaps the best parts."

"Can we do that?" Nat wondered.

"Not me, not here." Banner said.

"Well, you better find someone and somewhere fast. Ross isn't just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back." Rhodey said, I looked to Steve we both thought the same thing.

"I know somewhere." Steve told everyone.

———

   "Drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0." Steve instructed Sam.

    "I hope you're right about this. Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to." Sam said. He flew down toward what just seemed like trees and cliff, but just as we were about to hit the cliff it changed and we were flying over water towards a beautiful city.