45 Empire Crumbles From Within

We landed in snow covered land.

"You remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway Beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Steve asked as we looked out about to step out.

"Was that the time we used our trade money to buy hot dogs?" Bucky wondered.

"You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead." I say.

"What was her name, again?" Bucky asked.

"Dolores. You called her Dot." Steve told him.

"She's gotta be a hundred years old right now." Bucky said.

"So are we." Steve smiled.

———

The wind howled as we walked through the snow to the open doors of the bunker.

We walked in and stepped in the metal cage elevator going down. It shook when it hit the bottom and the doors opened. Steve pulled the gate up, and we cautiously exited walking around every corner. There was a loud third, just as we were starting to climb up some stairs. We got ready Steve in the front with the Shield and Bucky and me behind ready to shoot whoever was going to come through the elevator door. The door creeks.

    "You ready?" Steve asks.

    "Yeah." Bucky responds.

But instead of seeing super soldiers, a metal man pride the doors open. Iron Man walks forward, and his helmet disappears.

    "You seem a little defensive." Tony said and Steve walked slowly towards him. I half relaxed but Bucky kept his gun raised.

   "It's been a long day." Steve told him.

   "At ease, soldier. I'm not currently after you." Tony said.

    "Then why are you here?" Steve asked.

   "Could be your story's not so crazy. Maybe." Tony added. "Ross has no idea I'm here. I'd like to keep it that way. Otherwise, I gotta arrest myself."

    "Well, that sounds like a lot of paperwork." Steve said and lowered his Shield. "It's good to see you, Tony."

    "You too, Cap. Hey, Manchurian Candidate, you're killing me." Tony looked at Bucky. "There's a truce here. You can drop..."
Steve lowered his hand motioning for Bucky to lower his gun and he obeyed.

The four of us continue through slowly

   "I got heat signatures." Tony said as we walked towards a dark room.

   "How many?" Steve asked.

   "Uh, one." Tony answered, which seems strange, since we were expecting there to be more from the other, Super Soldiers.

The room was large very high ceiling when we entered five yellow lights turned on inside Chambers against the wall, each chamber had a large metal pipe and wires at the top leading up to the ceiling. We walked further in.

   "If it's any comfort," A voice said on the speakers echoing around the room. "They died in their sleep."
We walked over to the first chamber. There was a single bullet hole through the glass and blood dripping from the man's forehead. "Did you really think I wanted more of you?"

    "What the hell?" Bucky murdered fixing his grip on his gun as we looked at the others with a gun shot in the exact same place.

   "I am grateful to them, though. They brought you here." A little window opened in the back wall showing the man's face, Zemo. Without hesitation, Tony raised his arm to shoot at him as Steve through his shift, but nothing happened. "Please, Captain." more lights turned on dimly illuminating the room. "The soviets built this chamber to withstand the launch blast of UR-100 rockets."

    "I'm betting I could beat that." Tony said.

     "Oh, I'm sure you could, Mr. Stark. Given time. But then you'd never know why you came." Zemo said.

    "You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here?" Steve asked walking right up to the chamber.

    "I've that about nothing else for over a year. I studied you. I followed you. But now that you're standing here... I just realized... there's a bit of green in the blue of your eyes." Zemo chuckled. "How nice to find a flaw."

    "You're Sokovian. Is that what this is about?" Steve asked.

    "Sokovia was a failed state long before you blew it to hell." Zemo told him. "I'm here because I made a promise."

    "You lost someone?" Steve guessed.

    "I lost everyone. and so will you." Zemo said cooking, a button and a small computer screen turned on. "An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumbles from within? that's dead. forever."

Screenshot security footage of an empty road at first.

    "I know that road." Tony said that him and Steve stood in front. " what is this?" Tony asked Zemo.
Zemo didn't answer and just watched.
A car is zoomed on with motorcycle beside it. The car crashed into a tree and a small fire started. The motorcycle drove back in the driver got off as a man crawled out of the car.

   "Help my wife." The voice of Howard begged on the screen. "Please. help." The driver pulled Howard's head up. "Sergeant Barnes?"
I knew what this was before I heard Howard say that. I look at Bucky standing beside me.

   "Howard!" His wife cried from the car.
Tony looked up over at Bucky before back at the screen. "Howard!"

    "It wasn't you." I whispered to Bucky.

As the ended Tony was silent for a moment before lunging at Bucky.

   "No, Tony." Steve held him back.

Tony turned to Steve. "Did you two know?" Tony asked Steve and me after a long pause.

   "I didn't know it was him." Steve told him.

    "Don't bullshit me, Rogers. Did you know?" Tony asked angrily with a broken voice.

    "Yes." Steve answered and Tony took a sudden step back away from Steve.
Tony looked down and nodded for a bit.
Without warning, his helmet quickly reformed around his head, and he punched Steve across the room. Bucky was about to shoot, but Tony blasted the gun. I held Tonys hand still with my power before he could punch Bucky. But with his other hand, he shot me before I could block, and I fell back hitting the wall.
I look up to see Tony holding Bucky by the neck, flying him through the air, before slamming him to the ground. Tony stomped his foot on Bucky's metal arm. But just as he was about to shoot, Bucky's face, Steve's Shield knocked Tony in the head. Tony turned around just to be knocked back in the stomach by Steve. Tony flew back at Steve, knocking into his Shield, sending him back and shooting restraints, trapping Steve's legs together.
I flung Tony away from Bucky and into the wall. Tony flew towards me slamming me against the wall and punching my face.
Bucky ran over punching Tony's head Tony turns around grabbing onto Bucky's neck with both hands flew across the room before slamming Bucky into the top of one of the chambers a Super Soldier was held in.