14 He's Adopted

We walked up a newly fallen down tree and found Tony and the blonde hair man, Thor locked in combat below.

"Hay!" Steve yelled throwing his Shield in between the two catching their attention. "That's enough." We jumped down. "Now, I don't know what you plan on doing here."

"I've come here to put an end to Loki's schemes." Thor announced.

"Then prove it. Put that Hammer down." Steve said.

"Uh.. Yeah... No." Tony disagreed, "Bad call. He loves his Hammer."

Thor swung and Tony blocked causing the two of them to go back to fighting.

"You want me to put the Hammer down?" Thor yelled.

Thor leaped through the air towards Steve. The Hammer hit his Shield creating a strong blast and bright light throwing Thor and everything back.

"Steve, are you okay?" I ask getting back to my feet, brushing off the dirt and twigs.

"Yeah." Steve said standing up beside Tony and the three of us stood across from Thor.

"Are we done, here?" Steve asked.

—————

Even after all of that Loki was successfully captured and brought to a cell on the ship.

We watched and listened as Fury talked to Loki in his cell, from little screens on a table we sat or stood around.

"It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me." Loki laughed.

"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury said.

"Oh, I've heard. A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man." Everyone knew who Loki was talking about, "How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?"

"How desperate am I?" Fury asked. "You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

"Ooh. It burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share. And then to be reminded what real power is." Loki said as Fury turned away.

"Well, let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something." Fury said leaving Loki.

"He really grows on you doesn't he?" Banner smiled.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asked.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard, nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people." Thor explained. "They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army." Steve said.

"From outer space." I say.

"So, he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Banner said.

"Selvig?" Thor asked.

"He's an astrophysicist." Banner explained.

"He's a friend." Thor said.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." Romanoff said.

    "I want to know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve said.

    "I don't think we should be focussing on Loki. That guy's brain is full of cats. You could smell the crazy on him." Banner said.

    "Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he is my Brother." Thor said.

    "He killed 80 people in two days." Romanoff told him.

    "He's adopted." Thor added.

    "I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium... What do they need the iridium for?" Banner started.

    "It's a stabilizing agent." Tony said as he walked into the room. "It means the portal won't collapse on itself like it did at S.H.I.E.L.D. No hard feelings, Point Break you've got a mean swing." Tony said patting Thors arm. "Also, it means the portal can open as wide and stay open as long, as Loki wants. Raise the mizzenmast. Jib the topsails." Tony said stepping out by the controls where many Agents were busy at work. "That man is playing Galaga." Tony pointed out. "He thought we wouldn't notice but we did. How does Fury even see these?"
Tony said looking at the screens on either side.

    "He turns." Agent Hill said.

"Sounds exhausting. The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. The only major component he still needs is a power source of high-energy density. Something to kick-start the Cube." Tony explained.

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Agent Hill asked.

"Last night. The packet, Selvig's notes, the extraction theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?" Tony asked.

"I think so." I say.

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve asked.

"He would have to heat the Cube to 120-million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier." Banner explained.

"Unless Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunnelling effect." Tony said.

"Well, if he could do that, he could achieve heavy ion fusion at any reactor on the planet." Banner said.

"Finally, someone who speaks English." Tony said happily as he walked over to shake Banners hand.

"Is that what just happened?" Banner said.

"It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner. Your work on anti electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage-monster." Tony complimented.

"Thanks." Banner said.

"Tony you might need to work on your compliments, you should have stopped at unparalleled." I say just as Fury enters.

"Dr. Banner is only here to track the Cube. I was hoping you might join him." Fury said to Tony.

"I would start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon." Steve said.

"HYDRA, used the Cube to power their weapons before we stopped them so it would make sense for Loki to find a way to use it in his own way." I say.

"I don't know about that, but Barnes you're right it is powered by the Cube." Fury said, "And I would like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys."

"Monkeys? I do not understand." Thor said confused.

"I do." Steve quickly and happily. "I understand that reference."

"Shall we play, Doctor?" Tony asked.

"This way, Sir." Banner said leading him off.