55 Two Steve's

We appeared in a back alley in New York, 2012 the year and the time when the Chitauri attacked.

    "All right, we all have our assignments." Steve said as our suits disappeared and went and went back to our suits from this time. "Two Stones uptown, one Stone down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock."

There was a loud thud, behind us followed by roar. We turned around to see Hulk smash car into one of the Chitauri before, jumping on it and running off.

    "Maybe smash a few things along the way." I turn around to Smart Hulk.

    "I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Smart Hulk ripped off his shirt and walked into the street. Weekly punching a car and roaring softly.

   "You're doing great." I call after Smart Hulk.

————

"Better hustle, Cap, (Y/n). Things look like they're just about wrapped up here." Tony told us over the radio.

"Got it. We're approaching the elevator now." Steve told him as we walked towards it.

"Mr. Rogers, I almost forgot that suit..." Tony scoffed. "Did nothing for your ass."

"No one asked you to look, Tony." Steve told him as I laughed.

"It's ridiculous." Tony said.

"I think you look great, Cap. As far as I am concerned, that's America's ass." We heard Scott say.

"Shut up." Steve told me as I smiled at him.

"Who are these guys?" Scott wondered.

"They are S.H.I.E.L.D. Well, actually HYDRA, but we didn't know that yet." Tony told him.

"Seriously? You didn't?" Scott asked. "I mean, they look like bad guys."

"You're small, but you're talking loud." Tony said.

"I knew they were bad." I say.

"Yeah, but you never told anybody." Tony reminded me.

———

"All right, Cap, (Y/n), I got our Scepter in the elevator... just passing the 80th floor." Tony told us and Steve press the button to the elevator.

"On it." Steve said. "Head to the lobby."

"All right, I'll see you two there." Tony said.

The elevator doors opened and it was full of the HYDRA Agents. Steve and I walked in and Steve press the button.

"Cap, Barnes. I thought you two were coordinating search and rescue." Sitwell wondered.

"Change of plans." Steve told him is the door shut.

"Hey, Cap." Rumlow said, as we stood beside him.

"Rumlow." Steve nodded. My eyes looked down as I saw someone reaching for their gun, Steve noticed it to. "I just got a call from the secretary. I'm gonna be running point on the Scepter."

"Sir?" Sitwell question. "I don't understand."

"We got word there may be an attempt to steal it." Steve told them.

"Sorry, Barnes, Cap. We can't give you the Scepter." Rumlow said.

"I'm gonna have to call the Director." Sitwell told us.

"That's okay. Trust us." I lent over to his ear and whispered. "Hail HYDRA." He looked up at me, and Steve gave him a nod.

The elevator door opened, and Steve and I walked out Steve carrying the briefcase with the Sceptre.

"Idiots." I smile.

————

    "Tony, what's going on?" Steve asked if we heard an alarm. "Tell me you found that Cube." We both stopped and looked in front of us. "Oh, you gotta be shitting me."

    "That helmet did not look good you." I comment as we look at the Steve from 2012 standing in front of us on the bridge inside the tower.

     "I have eyes on Loki. 14th floor." Steve from 2012 radioed the others. "(Y/n) step away from him."

    "I'm not Loki..." Steve told him putting the case down. "And I don't want to hurt you."

Steve from 2012 ran forward and their Shields hit. Steve kept on attacking, but my Steve dodged and blocked.

   "(Y/n) could use a little help." Steve called.

    "I don't want to hurt you. And you seem to be doing fine." I say looking down at Steve as he's kicked over.

    "I can do this all day." Steve from 2012 said.

    "Yeah, I know. I know." Steve groaned getting up and threw his Shield at the other Steve. The other Steve threw his Shield as well, and both Shields hit each other falling down the bridge.
And the Steve's were in a hand to hand fight, although Steve was mainly blocking. My Steve picked the other Steve up and threw him over his shoulder. But the other Steve got up quickly, and then went back to fighting, causing one of the glass panels to shatter in the case of the Sceptre fell down. One Steve slipped, and my Steve was brought down with him.

   "Shit. I should've helped." I say and run to the stairs.

I hurry down. I find my Steve held in a headlock on the floor with the other Steve behind him.

    "Bucky is alive." I say, standing in front of the two.

    "What?" The other Steve released my Steve and looked at me shocked. Steve dead, then punched him in the head then grabbed the Scepter, pressing it to the other Steve's chest. The 2012 Steve fell unconscious face.

   "You okay." I ask Steve as I pull him up. "I should have helped."

    "I'm good. That is America's ass." Steve said, looking down at the unconscious, Steve and we walked off.

———

Steve and I jumped down the fire escape and into the back alley.

   "Cap. (Y/n)." Tony called and we turned around to see him and Scott in a car, covered by dust and debris. "Sorry, we got a problem."

    "Yeah, we do." Scott scoffed.