36 Vision

"I am sorry. That was odd. Thank you." He said to Thor. A golden cape appeared on the man.

   "Thor. You helped create this?" Steve asked.

    "I've had a vision." Thor explained. "A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life, and at its centre is that." He pointed at the yellow gem in the man's forehead.

   "What? The gem?" Banner questioned.

    "It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones. The greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." Thor explained.

   "Then why would you bring..." Steve started.

    "Because Stark is right." Thor said.

    "Oh, it's definitely the end times." Banner sighed.

     "The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron. Not alone." Thor said.

    "Why does your Vision sound like Jarvis?" Steve asked.

    "We reconfigured Jarvis's matrix to create something new." Tony walked forward.

    "I think I've had my fill of new." Steve said.

    "You think I'm a child of Ultron." Vision walked over to us.

    "You're not?" Steve asked.

     "I'm not Ultron. I am not Jarvis. I am... I am." He thought.

    "I looked in your head and saw annihilation." Wanda told him.

    "Look again." He told her.

    "Her seal of approval means jack to me." Clint scoffed.

    "Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone. And they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..." Thor explains.

    "Is it?" Steve wondered. "Are you?"

    "On our side?" I add.

     "I don't think it's that simple." Vision said.

    "Well, it better get real simple real soon." Clint told him.

    "I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't. He will end it all." Vision said.

"What's he waiting for?" Tony asked.

"You." Vision told him.

"Where?" Banner asked.

"Sokovia." Clint said. "He's got Nat there, too."

"If we're wrong about you, if you were the monster that Ultron made you to be..." Bruce walked forward.

"What will you do?" Vision asked. "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the Earth. So, he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net. We have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So, there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." Vision held Thor's Hammer out to Thor.
We stood there in silence as Thor took it in shock.

"Right. Well done." Thor followed after Vision.

"Three minutes." Steve said. "Get what you need."

I didn't need much the others had more to get ready.

————

"No way we all get through this. If even one tin Soldier is left standing, we've lost. There's gonna be blood on the floor." Tony explained.

"I got no plans tomorrow night." Steve said.

"I get first crack at the big guy. Iron Man's the one he's waiting for." Tony said.

"That's true. He hates you the most." Vision walked in.

"Ultron knows we're coming." I say.

"Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out." Steve said. "All they want is to live their lives in peace. And that's not gonna happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done. We find out what Ultron's been building, we find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us."

"Ultron thinks we're monsters. That we are what's wrong with the world." I tell everyone.

"This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right." Steve added.

———

"Come on. Just go." I tell civilians leading them out.

Robots began to crawl up and fly into the air above the city creating destruction and panic.

"GO!" I yell at the people as a Robot lands shooting at me.
I outstretched my hand and it's head explodes. More keep landing and I dealt with them in similar ways. No one was really paying attention to me I was only around civilians that were to scared to notice.

The ground began to shake and to my a large crack formed as we seemed to be moving up.

"Do you see the beauty of it? The inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword. And the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flush against me. It means nothing." One of the Robots announced when I destroyed it another took its place. "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

I turned back to the others slamming them against buildings

"Cap, you got incoming." Tony warned.

"Incoming already came in." Steve groaned. "Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed, walk it off."

"Lovely ending, Steve." I smile as I smash the head in of one.

I spot some people huddled together with a Robot standing in front about to shoot. I run forward and reach over from behind stabbing it deep through it's eye.

"GO! Now!" I yell, they didn't move till I yelled now.
I look behind me to see more Robots.

"All right, we're all clear here." I hear Clint as I finish off the last one.

"Clear here as well." I say.

"We are not clear! We are very not clear!" Steve yelled.

"I'm heading there now." I tell Steve and run to his location.

"All right, coming to you." Clint says.

I make it to Steve as he and Nat finish off the last one.

"Looks like you handled things." I smile.

"Yeah, yeah." Steve says.

I help lead civilians to cover.