17 New York

"Nat, are you alright?" I ask looking her over for any serious injuries.

"I'm fine." She gasped.

"Okay, you just stay here. I'm going to see if Steve and Tony need any help." I say as I run off.

—————

I find the area where Steve is and find a man shooting. Without him noticing I pull out my gun and with one shot he drops dead. I run forward looking for Steve but don't see him.

"Steve!" I call.

"(Y/n)!" I hear him answer.

I jump up to find that the one thing keeping him on this ship was him holding onto a wire.

"Give me your hand!" I yelled stretching my hand out towards him.

"I need a minute here!" Steve yelled as he climbed towards me.

"What?" I say confused.

"Tony." He said as he reached up and grabbed my hand. I helped pull him up but as soon as he was on we were forced down when gunfire hit right about us.
Steve reached up and pulled down a red lever.
In a couple minutes Tony came shooting past us and slammed into the guy that shot at us.

———

"Agent Coulson is down." Fury said.
And we just stood there in silence.

—————

Tony, Steve and I sat at the table as Fury stood at the front.

"These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. I guess he never did get you to sign them." Fury said tossing the bloody Captain America cards on the table. "We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, the location of the Cube, Banner, Thor... I got nothing for you. I lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming. Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number, though, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this, called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if they could become something more. To see if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea. In heroes." Unannounced Tony stood up and walked away. "Well, it's an old-fashioned notion."

—————

Steve and I found Tony at the place where the cell that held Loki was also where Coulson died. The cell was gone.

"Was he married?" Steve asked.

"No." Tony answered. "There was a cellist, I think."

"I'm sorry." Steve apologized. "He seemed like a good man."

"He was an idiot." Tony said.

"Why?" Steve asked.

"For believing?" I ask.

"For taking on Loki alone." Tony said.

"He was doing his job." Steve said.

"He was out of his league. He should have waited." Tony scoffed as he walked over to us. "He should have..."

"Sometimes there isn't a way out, Tony." Steve told him.

"Right, I've heard that before." Tony said walking past us.

"Is this the first time you lost a Soldier?" Steve asked and Tony turned around.

"We are not Soldiers." Tony firmly said. "I'm not marching to Fury's fife."

"Neither are we. He's got the same blood on his hands that Loki does. But right now, we got to put that behind us and get this done. Loki needs a power source. If we can put together a list..." Steve started.

"He made it personal." Tony said.

"That's not the point." Steve told him.

"No, Tony's right that is the point. It's Loki's point." I say.

"Exactly, he hit us all right where we live. Why?" Tony asked already knowing the answer.

"To tear us apart." Steve said.

"Yeah, divide and conquer is great, but he knows he has to take us out to win, right? That's what he wants. He wants to beat us, he wants to be seen doing it. He wants an audience." Tony explained.

"Right. I caught his act in Stuttgart." Steve agreed.

"Yeah, that's just previews. This is opening night. And Loki, he's a full-tilt diva, right? He wants flowers, he wants parades. He wants a monument built to the skies with his name plastered..." Tony stoped as he realized something. "Son of a bitch."

—————

We all got ready, Nat, Tony, Clint, Steve and me.

———

"Hey, you guys aren't authorized to be in here." The pilot said as Nat, Clint, I and Steve walked on his jet.

"Son, just don't." Steve told him.

———

We shot through the sky with Tony flying ahead of us in his suit as we went straight to Stark Tower.

I looked up at the giant black portal above Stark Tower, Chitauri came flying out only creating chaos and destruction.

"Stark, we're on your three, headed northeast." Nat told him over the radio.

"What? Did you stop for drive-through?" Tony asked, Swing up and Park. I'm gonna lay 'em out for you."

Soon we caught up to Tony who had a tail of many Chitauri after him. Using the guns and the jet had Nat staring shooting hitting and killing many Chitauri.
We made it to the top of Stark Tower to find Thor and Loki fighting.
But before Nat was able to hit Loki he tuned to us shouting at us with the scepter. The jet shook violently as it began to fall. Steve and I grabbed onto the roof as Nat and Clint desperately tried to land as safely as the could with the current situation.
The jet hit the street bringing up the road as we skid stopping rate before a building.

Without wasting a second Nat and Clint get out of their seats and the four of us run out into the destruction.

    "We got to get back up there." Steve yelled as we ran.

Screams echoed through New York City as people ran for their lives from the aliens.

Small fires burned as we stopped at a bridge many cars abandoned and flipped over. We looked up to see this giant long creature emerging from the portal and flying down over the streets of the city and above our heads. Out from its side the monster released more of the Chitauri's into the building and streets.