57 We Fixed It

"Did we get 'em all?" Smart Hulk asked when we all got back."

    "Are you telling me this actually worked?" Rhodey smiled.

   "Clint, where's Nat?" Smart Hulk asked.

Clint space it was broken I already knew it what happen register silence.

————

   "Do we know if she had family?" Tony wondered as we sat out on the dock on the lake.

   "Yeah." Steve answered. "Us."

    "What? What are you doing?" Thor asked.

    "Just asked him a question." Tony told Thor.

    "Yeah, no, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead. We have the Stones right? As long as we have the Stones... Cap, we can bring her back. Isn't that right? So, stop this shit. We're the Avengers. Get it together." Thor said.

    "Can't get her back." Clint looked down.

    "What he...? What?" Thor asked.

    "It can't be undone. It can't." Clint told him.

Thor laughed, "Look, I'm sorry, no offence, but you're a very earthly being, okay? And we're talking about space magic. And 'can't' seems very definitive. Don't you think?"

    "Yeah, look, I know that I'm way outside my pay grade here. But she still isn't here, is she?" Clint asked him.

    "No, that's my point." Thor said.

    "Thor. It-" I start.

    "It can't be undone." Clint told him again. "Or that's at least with the red, floating guy had to say. Maybe you wanna go talk to him, okay? Go grab your Hammer and you go fly and you talk to him! It was supposed to be me. She sacrificed her life for that goddamn Stone. She bet her life on it."

Smart Hulk granted launching a bench into the air.
    "She's not coming back. We have to make it worth it. We have to."

   Steve stood up, "We will."

————

    "All right, the gloves, ready." Rocket said finishing up with the gauntlet. "Question is, who's gonna snap their freakin' fingers?"

   "I'll do it." Thor walked over.

    "Excuse me?" Tony asked.

   "It's okay." Thor said.

    "Stop, stop. Slow down." Tony told him we put our arms in front of Thor to stop him from getting to the gauntlet.

   "Thor. Just wait." Steve Said. "We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet."

   "I'm sorry. What, we're all just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?" Thor asked.

    "We should at least discuss it." Scott suggested.

    "Look, sitting here staring at the thing is not gonna bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So, this responsibility falls upon me." Thor claimed.

"Normally, you're right." Tony told him.

"It's my duty." Thor insisted.

"It's not about that." I said.

"It's not that." Thor wondered.

"Hey, buddy..." Tony shushed.

"Stop it! Just let me." Thor pushed. "Just let me do it. Just let me do something good. Something right."

"Look, it's not just the fact... that that glove it's channeling enough energy to light up a continent. I'm telling you. You're in no condition." Tony told him.

"Thor, your mind is not safe for you to do this at this time." I tell him.

"What do you think is coursing for my veins right now?" Thor asked.

"Cheez Whiz?" Rhodey wondered.

"Lightning." Thor said.

"Lightning won't help you, pal." Smart Hulk told him. "It's gotta be me. You so what those stones did to Thanos. They almost killed him. None of you could survive."

"How do we know you will?" Steve asked.

"We don't. But the radiation's mostly gamma. It's like... I was made for this." Smart Hulk sighed.

———

Smart Hulk picked up the glove

    "Good to go, yeah?" Tony asked him.

      "Let's do it." Smart Hulk breathed.

    "Okay, remember, everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago... you're just bringing them back now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years." Tony reminded him.

     "Got it." Smart Hulk nodded.

We got ready, Scott and Rhodey in their suits, Thor in front of Rocket, Tony in his suit and created a shield protecting Clint and Steve holding his Shield with me beside him.

    "Friday, do me a favour and activate Barn Door Protocol, will ya?" Tony asked.
Doors shut, metal rolled over the window above us and slid down the windows around us.

   "Everybody comes home." Smart Hulk reminded himself slowly putting his hand inside.
We watched as it closed around his arm sending colourful energy up his arm to his neck. He fell to his knees yelling as the shirt on his arm began to burn.

    "Take it off! Take it off!" Thor urged.

    "No, wait. Bruce, are you okay?" Steve asked.
He continued to groan.

    "Talk to me, Banner." Tony asked.

    "I'm okay." Smart Hulk nodded. "I'm okay."
He focused hard yelling as he brought his hand up and finally snapped. He fell back as the glove came off.

   "Bruce!" Steve and I ran up to him.

    "Don't move him." Tony told us as he sprayed down Smart Hulk's arm.
The doors and the windows open again.

   "Did it work?" Smart hulk grunted.

    "We're not sure. It's okay." Thor told him.

    "You're okay, just breathe." I tell him.

    "Guys..." Scott says, I look up to see him by the window. "I think it worked."

There was a loud bang and I was thrown back more bangs followed as I hit something.

   "Come on, get up." I open my eyes to see Tony and Steve standing above me.

    "Can you get up?" Steve asked looking me over.

    "Yeah. What happened?" I ask looking around only seeing rubble and fire.

    "Time messed back." Steve pulled me up.
I follow Tony and him outside of the destroyed supports of what was the compound and to Thor who was just standing there.
I look out at the land, it was filled with rubble and dirt, crater's from the attack, and the sky was clouded. We spotted Thanos just sitting there.

    "What's he been doing?" Tony asked Thor.

    "Absolutely nothing." Thor answered.

    "Where are the Stones?" I wondered.

     "Somewhere under all this." Tony looked. "All I know is he doesn't have 'em."

    "So, we keep it that way." Steve told us.

    "You know it's a trap, right?" Thor asked.

    "Yeah. I don't much care." Tony said.

    "Good." Thor nodded. "Just as long as we're all in agreement." Thunder cracked and Thor held out both hands in one he got his Hammer and the other his Ax. "Let's kill him properly this time."

   "I like that plan." I say.