Chapter 76: Bright future

(Play Opening)

(Suji's POV)

After I was put on the stretcher, I passed out. My memory was not keeping up with everything that has happened in such short amount of time. After a while, I opened my eyes as my blurred vision was focused on the bright light above my head. My vision cleared as I saw that I was in a hospital room with an oxygen mask on me, I looked around the room and saw a nurse with her back turned to me as she was working on something on her medicine tray.

Suji: Ugh...

I sat up a little, removing my mask as I still felt nauseous. I noticed that I was still in my costume which was now reduced to a ripped pair of jeans. My shuffling attracted the attention of the nurse who turned around as a surprised expression grew on her face.

Nurse: Oh, You're awake! Easy there young man, your body took a heavy toll.

Suji: H-how... how long was I out?

Nurse: Only an hour or two, honestly I thought you'd be unconscious longer than that considering how you looked when you came in.

Suddenly the door opened as I saw a man in a surgeon mask and a bandana walking in, he wore a black shirt and pants with a doctor's coat over his clothes.

Doctor: Ah, he's awake! I suppose I could do the medical examination now, nurse if you'd please excuse us?

Nurse: Yes, Doctor.

She quickly adjusted the bed for me to where I was sitting up on an incline. The nurse left the room as the doctor walked across the room and stands at the side of my bed, while grabbing the clipboard at the end of my bed.

Doctor: A broken leg, a fractured arm, and a few cracked ribs. And according to the recent scans your injuries have miraculously healed themselves.... You truly are extraordinary, huh kid?

My eyes widened when I heard the sudden change of voice as the "Doctor" removed his mask and bandana to reveal white and black hair as he turns around fully for me to see Skull in my hospital room.

Skull: I have to admit, you truly are the strong man of Class 1A. Now, I hope that there's no hard feelings between us...

I cut him off as I quickly reached out, grabbing Skull by the neck. I wasn't able to muster any more strength but it was enough to cause Skull to gasp for air.

Skull: *Gasp* I'm... sensing that you have a lot of anger....

Suji: What did you do to me?! *Cough* *Cough*

I went into a coughing fit as I lost my grip on Skull's neck, leaving the villain to recover before grabbing a glass of water on the side of my bed.

Skull: What I did, I did to see how you progress. Here, take a sip.

He holds me up as the glass reaches my mouth as I take a couple sips of water.

Skull: Slow down there buddy, I'm not gonna carry you to the can. Now, I'm not here to fight. I'm here to see how you're doing.

Suji: Why would you care how I'm doing? What makes me so special?

Skull smiles as he pulls over a chair and sits down near my bed.

Skull: Because you are important to me, Suji. Can I call you Suji? I feel like we've reached that point in our relationship for that to be okay. It's been my plan for a long time, ever since I've gotten the order to kill you. You've been my inspiration, and you should be grateful.

Suji: Grateful for what?

Skull cracks his finger as he gets up off the chair as he walks back over to the window.