Chapter 97: A quiet beginning

(Play Opening)

(Third POV)

Inside a dark laboratory, glowing purple lights filled the area as the Doctor walked down the center lane and stopped infront of a large tank. Inside the tank, was Tomura Shigaraki, trapped in a state of suspended animation as the dials and reading went steadily.

 Inside the tank, was Tomura Shigaraki, trapped in a state of suspended animation as the dials and reading went steadily

Doctor: Soon... My project will be completed. Tomura Shigaraki will obtain All For One's quirk and will finally be the perfect successor. I'm so excited I can't wait any longer! But this must take time, he's not ready yet and any interferences will cause devastating disaster to the plan.

???: You sure like talkin' to yourself. That or did you know I was already here?

Skull was seen walking up behind the Doctor as he looked at the tank.

Doctor: This is my private lab you know? What occurs here is my own personal business.

Skull: Yeah, yeah... I don't expect you to give me the entire rundown. So how's it cookin'?

Doctor: If you're referring to Shigaraki, soon. He still needs a month for the process to be completed.

Skull smiles as he steps closer towards the tank.

Skull: And then he'll be just as powerful as the original All For One?

Doctor: *Scoff* No one will ever be as powerful as Master, but in a way... Yes.

Skull: By the way, how's my little project coming along?

The doctor looked at the leader as he nodded before the two walked over to another area of the lab, where they found a workbench with several different items on it.

Doctor: I was honestly a bit confused when you first came to me about this, but giving the opportunity I couldn't resist but oblige.

Skull: So have you cracked it yet?

Doctor: Yes, the Quirk factors are still active even with the original vessel's conditions. The Quirk itself will not be affected by it, I've become fascinated by it. Imagine what it could do if All For One... Agh!

The doctor was cut off as Skull's hand dug into the mad scientist's shoulder, making the bones feel like they were about to break with just a tap.

Skull: This. Doesn't. Belong. To him. I gave this to you so you can rewrite it's DNA to match mine. I will be the only one to possess the Quirk and if I ever find out you did the opposite of what I told you.... There won't be a quirk alive that can save you from me.

Skull stared at the Doctor with as much seriousness as ever as he let's go of the frightened Doctor as Skull walked away into Echo's warp gate. The table zooms out showing another tank a lot smaller than the one Shigaraki was in, but instead was a dismembered arm with red scaly skin and black claws.