Chapter 85: The new power & All For One

(Play Opening)

(Suji's POV)

The joint training was completed as we had just gotten our evaluation. I was still surprised by how everyone improved during each of the matches, but more surprised by what Izuku and I experienced in our match. As we were about to finish up and head to the locker rooms, Izuku walked up and talked to Shinsou.

Izuku: Shinsou! At the very end there, you were trying to get me to brawl head on so you could whip out your special combat moves, right? It was crazy how fast you acted to try to stop me with those falling pipes. And you used the binding cloth just like Mr. Aizawa does.

Suji: He's right you know, I for one think that you're definitely more than your quirk. I just wished I could've seen you in action myself, even when our Quirks were going haywire.

I gave Shinsou a smile as I lightly patted his back, Aizawa and Vlad King began to speak.

Aizawa: That's a good point.

Vlad King: We still have much to analyze from these fights. But I'd say, in all probability, Shinsou will join the hero course in your second year. Just make sure you don't let him outshine you.

Students: Got it!

Hearing this made me smile as Izumi and I rushed over and brought Shinsou in for a group hug

Suji: That's awesome! Nice work, buddy!

Izumi: Next year will be so much fun! We got your back!

We let go of Shinsou as he looked at us with confusion as a smile grin grew on his face.

Shinsou: T-thanks, you guys...

Kaminari: So which class will he join?

Kirishima: A?

Tetsutetsu: Or B?

Vlad King: The particulars will come later. The training critiques are far from over.

Ashido: Speaking of which, question!

We look over to see Ashido with her hand straight up in protest.

Ashido: Can you unleash on Mineta for being the absolute worst?

Mineta looks at Ashido with an offended expression as he makes a retort.

Mineta: Ugh! That whole "smashing into your chest" thing was a lucky accident! Don't forget I put my body on the line to keep Shoda and those girls from strategizing.

As Mineta pleads his case, Shinsou leaned over to me and Izumi before whispering.

Shinsou: How did he manage to get into Class A again?

Izumi: I've been asking myself that question for a while now...

Monoma: It's true that, in a tragic twist of fate, Class B was defeated today. But! We didn't necessarily lose if you look at what we planned! If I had known that Midoriya's quirk was a blank, then we could've come up with tactics in response.