10

CHAPTER TEN || THE DEVILS SON

tw:
kidnapping, merle.

—————————————————————————

Alex and Glenn Made their way to the red pickup truck and headed out on a run to Collect more supplies for the baby and look for more Ammo as well as other essentials the group needed. Glenn sat in the driver's seat while Alex sat next to him as he parked the car outside a selection of old stores after a completely silent drive as grief consumed Alex. one thought she couldn't shake, one that wouldn't escape her mind...  how was she alive, how did she deserve to be alive?

"Baby formula, diapers anything that could be useful for lil ass-kicker," Alex confirmed as the pair got out of the truck and walked into the store. her heart aching for the motherless child she'd left with Beth at the prison. formula was her priority nothing else, she'd leave whatever else up to Glenn to find, that child was the only thing she cared about.

"yeah.." Glenn nodded as they entered the store he grabbed a shopping basket to put whatever supplies they find in. He followed Alex further into the store, his chest burning wanting to know if Alex was truly okay, and if there was anything he could do to ease the pain she felt.  but he knew grief all too well, nothing he could say would help ease the racing thoughts in her mind. They walked around the store Alex's gun raised as she cleared the store, ensuring there were no unexpected dangers before they could scavenge for supplies, and when they could the basket slowly began filling with supplies; baby formula and canned goods.

"Alex?" She hummed acknowledging him as she searched the next set of shelves, Glenn placing a can of vegetables in the basket before continuing, his thoughts racing as he went to ask another question hoping to learn more about the girl.

"before you found us... you were on your own?" The question took Alex by surprise not particularly wanting to talk about the events leading up to her being alone, they still tormented her. She didn't think they would ever stop.

"yeah, it was probably coming up to a month when I found you," Alex stated, her voice emotionless as she put some more cans in the basket, a familiar pain in her chest as she thought back to the people she lost.

"Obviously you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to.. but what happened?" he was unsure if he'd overstepped by asking the question, but he wanted to learn more about Alex and see if there were any reasons behind the way he'd noticed her acting.

"I was with my sergeant and a group of soldiers from different regiments.... and my best friend Eli, the medic I told you about. we got separated" Alex stated throwing a few more things in the basket not wanting to get into too much detail, purely saying his name caused a wave of emotions to rush through her body. She never thought she'd miss someone this much...

 her mind wondered to Eli, he truly was her saviour.. now he was gone, and in all honesty, she didn't know how she could do it without him. any of it. Eli Moore taught her more about life than her parents ever did, he was the one person she fully trusted, the one person who knew everything, and now there was nothing left of him, not a photo, nothing but her memories and she prayed she'd never forget his voice.