18

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN || MISTAKES

tw:
soft smut

—————————————————————————

After the conversation with Andrea, she tried to convince the group to head back to Woodbury and talk it out, yet everyone was adamant. if he wanted a war. a war would happen. Andrea left, Michonne and her going to talk outside. after what the governor had done. could they truly ever live in peace? 

"come on, let's get you back to your room" Glenn stated looking down at Alex, a soft smile showing up on her face, shaking her head at his kindness as he helped her up from her seated position at the table.

"I am okay Glenn I can walk on my own" His smile matched hers, his hand returning to her lower back. slowly leading her back to her cell. making sure she got there okay, he wanted to make sure she was resting, she needed to heal. 

"you were shot." Glenn's pace matched Alex's not wanting to rush her, he slowly walked beside her. his hand against her back. prepared for her to lean on him if she needed, the fear of seeing her in pain again, having her blood covering his hands again... it terrified him. but for her, she found a kind of solace when he was around, his pure kind soul made Alex forget the extent of horrors she'd experienced. She couldn't grasp his light, his kindness. It confused her.

"wasn't critical. just gonna take a minute to heal up. as long as I don't rip my stitches, stay on top of cleaning I'll be fine in less than two weeks" Alex shrugged as they got back to her cell, she knew enough about getting shot. she'd looked after El when he'd had a similar wound.  closing the makeshift door (curtain) before Glenn shook his head walking Alex over to the bed.

"you're too nice rhee" Alex smiled as they stood next to her bed, Glenn's head tilted slightly in confusion as he turned to look at her. Their eyes locking, he admired her striking blue eyes.

"you think me looking after you after you were shot is too nice?" he questioned looking down at her, his eyebrows knitted together. the way he worded it. it made Alex realise something. in her life, the only kindness she'd received was from Lori, Rick and Eli. but her real dad, the relationships she'd had... they'd caused her to believe generosity, and kindness were things she didn't deserve. so she never expected it.

but Glenn, he was a person who radiated those qualities, a person who didn't expect anything in return for his kindness. he was the type of person Alex didn't believe existed anymore. but here he was. he made the world a better place by just being alive.

"thank you." her voice was softer this time, taking back her previous statement. looking up at him, the bruises on his face had faded but they were still there,  she admired his features taking in how beautiful he really was. the small smile that tugged on his lips, his gorgeous brown eyes, the stray strands of hair falling onto his forehead.

"you don't need to thank me for anything Alex... I'm just glad you're okay" Staring up into his eyes, they were incredibly close, close enough Alex could feel the warmth radiating from his body. their eye contact was strong, subconsciously they edged closer to each other. the memory of their first kiss flickered behind Glenn's eyes, he wanted it to happen again. just as much as he wanted to keep her safe.

his pure kindness, Alex's realisation made her want him. She craved the comfort he had begun making her feel. her heart raced, she could feel his soft breath against her skin, their noses almost touching. nervousness consumed Glenn, his palms sweaty as his eyes flickered down to Alex's lips. a warmth growing in his chest as Alex's hands rested on his chest, the rough material of his shirt scratching against her soft hands. Glenn's breath got caught in his throat as he leant forward, closing the gap between them hesitantly. their noses brushed against each other as their lips finally met.