14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN || REMEMBER

tw:
sexual assault in flashback
torture in flashback

—————————————————————————

Alex walked back to her cell after arriving back at the prison, exhausted and emotionally drained. She couldn't bring herself to look at her reflection or think about what had happened. She needed Eli, he's the only way she got through it before. but now he was gone.  She just wanted to crawl into bed and forget everything. She trusted her uncle to take care of the group that Carl had saved while they were gone. She could barely face herself let alone another group.

As she laid in bed, Alex's thoughts drifted to Glenn, being patched up by Hershel. grateful that he was okay, but she couldn't shake off the horrid memories of her past, The memories replayed in her mind like a broken record, and she could feel herself being pulled back into the darkness. She tried to push them away, but they were too powerful. She felt helpless, alone, trapped in her own mind. Eli was the only one who could level her out. 

> Flashback 3 years ago<

Alex couldn't breathe. water filled her nasal cavity. opening her mouth desperate for oxygen only to be met with more water. ice cold water. it filled her throat. thrashing against the table she was tied to. her heart raced. her lungs burning for oxygen. her eyes shut tight. as the violent pouring of water over her face stopped. Gasping for oxygen. violent coughs shook through her chest. Shouting filled her ears as water flooded her sinuses again. She begged. Her eyes screwed shut. Her chest violently burning. Water flooding her lungs she gagged. She would've done anything for it to stop.

"stop.." Alex muttered weakly the burning in her lungs still evident as she stared at the man in-front of her. her vision blurred by tears. Blood poured from her lip as he raised his fist again demanding to know where the rest of her regiment were hiding. when she didn't answer His fist smashed against her face again, Agony consuming her as her head weakly hung forward.

his hands. they lingered on her body. Bile rose in her throat. nausea consuming her. his hands exploring her body as she begged him to stop. begged him to get off of her. His weight was suffocating. a feeling she'd never forget.

"Alex" his body pressed against hers. She screamed. begging him to stop. to get off of her. She couldn't breathe. his body weight pressed her each one of her senses amplified as she screamed for it to stop.

"alex!"

"Alex! You're okay Lex, breathe. come on breathe with me. im here you're safe. "  tears filled her eyes. her chest constricting. Eli. His bright blue eyes filled with concern as he pulled Alex out of a ptsd flashback, for the 5th time that night. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she clawed at her own chest. trying to take deep breaths she felt as if all the oxygen had been pulled from the room.

"you're safe Lex, breathe with me" He took her hand in his as he took deep breaths coaching Alex to breathe with him. She copied him. breathing with him. squeezing his hand tightly as he grounded her. his concern-filled blue eyes stared into hers as he brought her back to reality.

"there you go. you're okay. I've got you. I'm not going to let anything happen to you again" he praised as her breathing began returning to normal. Alex gripped his hand. Staring into his ocean eyes as she rubbed her chest. her breathing slowed, taking in her surroundings. she wasn't in Afghanistan anymore, she wasn't being tortured for information. She was in her apartment, the apartment she shared with her best friend. her comfort person. the only man she trusted. Eli Moore. He noticed her breathing even out as she came back to reality. He pulled her into his arms, his hand cradling the back of her head as she sobbed into his neck, her arms tightly wrapped around his muscular frame as he held her.