13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN || WHAT HAPPENED

—————————————————————————

"He's a fucking liability" Alex scoffed gun drawn as she stood beside Rick. They had gone back for Daryl, just Daryl. He was family. he was part of their group, he was an essential member of the group.  Only for him to drag along his deranged brother. Alex clenched her jaw as she kept an eye out for any of the governor's men resisting the urge to shoot Merle on sight, she couldn't believe Rick had even agreed to waste their time saving him too, Daryl's brother or not he was psychotic.  they made their way out of the walls of Woodbury for the second time, yet this time she was ready her eyes scanned every corner hoping to see the governor...

anger was still fresh, the old wounds, the healed wounds now freshly ripped open by none other than the governor. she wanted to kill him... make him feel what she did, the pain that Glenn felt. it took all her self-restraint not to turn the gun on Merle. 

"come on we gotta go" Daryl exclaimed following his brother, ignoring Alex's statement. Rick followed close behind Daryl, Alex having one last look at her surroundings hoping never to come back as she followed her uncle back outside the walls. shooting and outrunning walkers until they made it back to the car.

*

"Glenn" Rick's voice made Glenn shoot up from his seated position on the floor next to the car, Michonne next to him as he hoped everyone was okay, the pain rushing through his body refusing to ease as he limped toward tricks voice, one of his arms clutched his ribs as the pain shot through his body.

"Rick? Alex?" Glenn called as the group emerged from the woods. Catching sight of Merle both Glenn and Michonne pulled their weapons. Glenn's eyes flickered between Alex and Merle in disbelief that they'd brought him back, anger flooding through his body. Merle had no right to even be stood with them after what he'd done. Glenn's gun, Michonne's sword, both aimed toward the older Dixon.

"Hey! Put it down!"

"whoa whoa"

"he tried to kill me!"

"put it down!"

The initial shock died down After Rick and Daryl's mediating, yet that didn't ease the anger and hatred that consumed the air surrounding the group, Glenn's face laced with a look of betrayal as he glanced at Alex. how did she go back? he should've gone, Merle took them to that place, merles actions lead to what happened to Alex, and that fact made bile rise in Glenn's throat. 

"I went back for Daryl, Not this prick. all due respect Daryl but I'd kill him if it weren't for you" Alex scoffed standing off to the side letting the group argue while she rested against a tree. Daryl sent her a glare at the statement yet remained silent ignoring it, she watched the interaction fighting against every urge within her body to attack Merle, Glenn's face being a reminder of what he had done.

"you really are a fierce one honey." Merle chuckled, Rick turning his head towards the man sending him a warning glare, as Alex's head shot towards him, the governor's words replaying in her mind... Glenn's jaw clenched at merles words taking a step forward, guilt consuming him. 

Like a switch something inside Glenn had changed, the mental pain of guilt outweighing the physical pain that consumed his body. he'd been in the next room, he'd allowed the governor to have his way with Alex. That was on him.