⪩⪨

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

I'm fading AWAY..

In this world Kazumi doesn't want the IV and oxygen connected to her body anymore, but she has to be in that state for her to see and feel Reiki everyday. Her body gets weaker and weaker, she was tired, still she kept it a secret to her friends: Karin, Kazuno, Naoki and Reiki. While reading a book, there was a knock "it's open" Kazumi answered and the door opened and saw Kazuno "I'm leaving, can I spend my last hours here?" he asked, Kazumi nodded. They talked nonstop for 55 minutes "Kazumi, I have to go, sorry I'll visit you with Rei alright?" Kazuno  told the girl who was lying down, looking at his face "sure, I can wait for you" she answered the boy then he left.

Having a lonely time now that Kazuno left her and Reiki was just buying food for them to eat in the room. "you are Reiki, Kazumi's boyfriend right?" the nurse asked Reiki when he was about to go inside the room "yes.. do you need anything ma'am?" he also asked her "I need your phone number just incase something happened to the patient in room 143" she answered and he gave his phone number to the nurse then she left "hm, this is how being her boyfriend" he said to himself and went in.

She saw Reiki brought her favorite food "hey~ I want that one now, please.." Kazumi begged, Reiki took it and cooked the food. While cooking she seems that the way Reiki cooks them is different than her own cooking, but she didn't told him because he might use his remaining temper on her. After cooking Kazumi saw the food's presentable looks "the food looks good" she told as a feedback to Reiki "eat it, you don't need need to leave me some I'm not hungry that much" Reiki said to Kazumi who was about to taste the food he cooked, she nodded and took a bite of her food "hmm.." "It's good," she answered to Reiki, he looked down "you don't like my method right?" Reiki asked the girl "well, I LIKE IT" she responded smiling and eating her food, he laughed and watched her eat.

"I'll wash the plate just wait here Rei" Kazumi insisted, "nope, I'll wash the dishes while you wait here Kaz" he answered and the two fought who will wash the dishes. Reiki washed the dishes and didn't talk to Kazumi for an hour. The silence was on, Reiki just sat on a couch a bit far from Kazumi and used his phone, while Kazumi was just thinking why would Reiki ignore her for an hour. After 10 minutes he fell asleep and Kazumi decided to go at the rooftop, while walking in the halls she saw Kazuno again "why are you going to the rooftop without Reiki?" he asked Kazumi "well he was ignoring me, so I want to go at our spot" she answered to the question "can I go with you? I just feel like my house is in it's silent treatment" Kazuno added "sure, it's our place anyways" she answered then went to the rooftop. As they sat and watched the cars "so should we pick up where we left?" Kazumi asked the boy and he nodded. Kazuno and Kazumi were having a good time together talking about everything.

Time went by and it's already 5pm Reiki was already awake and know that Kazumi was in the rooftop since Kazuno texted Reiki while he was sleeping, so he wouldn't have to worry about her going places around the hospital. Once Kazumi got back she saw Reiki sleeping until now "I can't be ignored at that long Rei, but I still like you" she whispered to Reiki and went to her bed lying down, reading her unfinished book then suddenly Reiki woke up and went to cook noodles for him to eat since he didn't ate anything. 

While cooking, Kazumi was staring at him and he also noticed it, but he still continued to ignore her for the rest of the day. Quite funny right? Reiki was eating his noodles and yet Kazumi tried to ignore the smell of the food Reiki was eating. The force of Kazumi trying not to eat the noodles with Reiki isn't really good for her. He noticed Kazumi's odd behavior, so he went to the chair next to her and sat "want som-" Reiki asked her, but he got interrupted "I want a bite please~" Kazumi begged and Reiki couldn't say no to Kazumi, so he nodded and let her eat some of his food.

"alright it's all yours I was about to give it to you anyways" Reiki said to Kazumi who was still eating the noodles that Reiki cooked for himself, Kazumi nodded and Reiki left leaving his bag behind "why are you leaving your stuff here always Rei?, it must be something right? I hope so. By the way your noodles tasted amazing, see you tomorrow" Kazumi whispered and went to wash the dishes that he left too. While washing she felt a sharp pain and she didn't know what to do with it, Reiki already left, Karin and Naoki weren't there because they have to take care of Niku, Kenji has to go at summer class. 

⊂⊃

"is this the end?"

"I haven't begged Reiki for forgiveness"

"Karin and Naoki are busy also Kenji"

"I don't want to end this yet, please don't let them suffer because of me"

"please"

"Reiki might still be upset at me, he doesn't know that I'm dead"

"he is still here, I need him. He made me happy at my worst"

"how about him then"

"I'm not with him anymore"

"life is too unfair"

"I want to live"

"is my mission"

"is to change Reiki's whole life?"

"am I done?"

"let it be no"

- - - - - - - 

During that time Reiki have to help Shinji with paper works that's why he left without his bag. He entered and saw the mess, Reiki immediately called Shinji for help. As Shinji let him out of the room he was waited, all Reiki can do is panic and worry for sake. After 5 to 10 minutes Shinji went out "can you spend the night here?" Shinji asked her son, he nodded and went in to the room. Reiki saw Kazumi with her eyes closed it made him feel like he was in a fairytale with many plot twists, but this made him calm now. All Reiki did was just guard her and listen to music he likes to listen.

⊂⊃

"you look more fragile when you sleep"

"I don't know what to say"

"it doesn't feel comfortable to see you in this state, but it made me to like you more"

"can you feel it?"

"does it still hurt you?"

"I hope it doesn't hurt anymore"

"I like you"

"and I will always keep that"

"goodnight"

~~~~~~~

A/n: alright I'm posting the chapters already now, I just hope that he won't do that again (I meant my father)

A question: Will Reiki and Kazumi have the happy ending they wanted for so long tho? 

Thank you for reading this isn't the end promise

-20coconats