Chapter 10

"Before I forget I invited a friend and her husband for dinner while we are in London," says Ashton.

"What's he like?" Ask April.

"She, her name is Annalise and she's well you have to experience her for yourself."

"Why did that sentence sound scary."

"They are really nice people once you get to know them."

"We can't tell other people they're coming and when I see them on the street. I pretend I don't know them."

"Didn't you say my friends were no good Ashton."

"When they get here everything will be explained to you, I promise, and everything will make sense to you."

"If they are your friends your parents must know them."

"I'm afraid they don't and they're the reason I can't run my dad's company, will never run it."

"You are not making any sense Ashton." His phone rings he looks at the name on screen and laughs. "Man, she's a pip." He answers the call, "My fiancée wants to chill out and have lobster mac and cheese."

"Fine see you in a bit," says Annalise before abruptly ending the call.

"They are on their way over here now." He tells April then he calls the house staff into the living room and ask them to go to his other house.

When they were alone in the house the doorbell rings, Ashton opens it. "Man, that housekeeper of yours took her sweet time. Why she felt the need to stop off at Sainsbury's I'll never know. Wait did you ask her to buy something special from there?"

"Hello, Annalise, it's nice to see you again and you Derek. Please come in, sorry who's this man and no I didn't ask her to go shopping?" Ask Ashton looking at the dog collared black man behind him.

"Oh, that's Reverend Sampson. He is here to conduct your wedding ceremony Ashton."

"Annalise it's only our fourth day together! Wait did you know my grandmother approached her and ask her to marry me?"

Annalise says nothing and just smiles coyly at him.

"Look who I'm talking to, of course you did. Since you it was probably you who sent her to New York."

"Yes, Ashton I did. Never mind that only works with Derek. Move aside I want to meet your bride. Oh, one of you is dying that's why the good reverend is here and agreed to perform the ceremony."

"Annalise that's enough," says Derek in a commanding voice.

She pouts at her husband. "You're no fun Der. She turns back to Ashton, "The truth is Ashton he's here to perform your wedding ceremony. Never fear your bride will still have her grand wedding. It's a shame I don't know you and won't attend your wedding."

Ashton looks at the man in alarm, "He is one of ours you can relax."

April who was listening to the conversation wonders what the hell was going on. She walks to Ashton side, "Hi I am April."

"We know who you're silly it's a shame your father was such a tool. I hear his death wasn't quick," she smiles brightly.

"Stiles!" shouts Ashton.

"Sorry I got carried away. The tool was scum so please don't lose sleep over him, ok April."

Everyone takes a seat in the living room, "You knew my dad?" Ask April.

"No, he died when you were sixteen. I mean, never mind," answers Annalise.

"No offence but can you please say what you want to and leave," says April who was losing patient with the loudmouth 5'10, brown hair, brown eyed mix race woman.