Chapter 38

Three weeks later Meghan and April was talking about taking Arthur to the Bronx Zoo the following day. "I'm looking forward to us taking the children to the zoo tomorrow, Meghan."

"It should be a lot of fun April."

"Arthur sit and eat you burger." The six year old stares down his mother then eat a french fry. "Wait till you have kids April they will run you ragged. A trip to the zoo brings with it nothing but tantrums and lip."

"I can't wait."

"You say that now."

"Surprise, happy birthday," they hear as April and Meghan walk into Sarah's penthouse.

"This is why you wanted to go to the museum after the zoo April to keep me out the Apartment."

"Yes it was, happy birthday sis."

The next day Ashton and April walk into the living room of their upper west side home to hear surprise. "Happy birthday."

"Oh my goodness Ashton did you plan this?" Ask April.

"Yes but Meghan and Elizabeth helped as well. You didn't think I would forget my wife's birthday?"

April greets everyone along with Ashton then she and Ashton have a shower and change into more appropriate clothes. She chose a light pink cocktail dress with killer black heels and Ashton was wearing black pants with a white shirt and a black blazer."

"We look good. Let's go greet our guest," she says.

"I can't believe I'm having a birthday party I didn't have a clue you were planning this. I didn't even twig when your family decide to join us in New York for a week either."

"April we all know the last five years hasn't been great for you. We as your family wanted to give you a birthday to remember for a long time."

She kisses him very passionately, "You guys have."

They walk downstairs and take a glass of bubbly from the waiter then walk over to Meghan. "Thank you for helping Ashton plan my birthday party Meghan."

"It was an honour to April."

Later that night, "Did you enjoy yourself April?"

"I did."

"I'm glad."

A week later Ashton was sat in a wine bar with Jade sat opposite him. "I'm curious Ms Patel why you decide to meet me."

"It's Mrs Jones now Ashton."

"That's if you really got married in Vegas."

She looks at him in alarm, "Not even his family knows we got married there. Wait did that idiot tell you that?"

"I know you got married for real Jade because his sister is a billionaire. You aren't going to risk not getting a piece of whatever money she gives him."

She surveys him for a moment, "April thought of me as her deputy. Which met I saw classified information and liaise with some very important people. I have contacts' extremely good contact. People who are chopping at the bits to offer me a job."

"Yet it's been months since I last saw you and you're still jobless."

"How do you know that?"

"Trade secret, I have a proposition for you Jade."

"If it's to be your mistress I gladly accept."

"Before I tell you my proposition. I need you to tell me if you and Mindy have other people like you working with companies I work with?"

She shrugs her shoulders, "It doesn't matter if I tell you anyway. I'm going to be screaming your name soon anyway. I'm only telling you this so you know I'm sincere. "No we don't. When April and Mindy became friends. Mindy offered me money to snoop for her. Then she offered me money to sleep with some oversea businessmen her husband was doing business with. They like my exotic looks. The tan skin, long hair and I wear blue or green contact lenses when I meet them. It drives that other kind of Asian men wild."

"You will never be my mistress let's get that out of the way for a start."

"The papers will listen when I tell them your wife forced me to sleep with them."

"Really because my wife doesn't own Brad's company and here's a little tip for you. Before I started working at the company. I had a security camera placed near your desk where you used to work."

"That's illegal Ashton."

"I'm curious what did Ethan want when he kept calling April."

"Money what else. He told me he kept a million dollars from the money she gave him. The idiot blew it all in three years."

"You must have dated him for a reason. He was broke and had no chance of getting any money."

"The fact your foolish wife gave him a million pounds not so long ago says I was right to keep him on a leash."

"I'm curious what did he do for you when you kept him off his leash?"

"He went to places rich men hang out and showed off. He was supposed to get them to come to Brad's company by showing them how rich he was."

"And all because of Brad," finish Ashton.

"You're smarter than you look."

"Are you paying me a compliment Ms. Patel."

"Not really I just appreciate a good brain."

"I'm curious how are you living with no money?"

"The thing about sleeping with extremely rich men is they don't want people to find out they did you."

"Is that what you think." He shows her a video of herself having sex with a client."

She looks alarmed, "Where did you get this?"

"There is a website where rich men like to show off their playthings and you have been many men playthings haven't you?"

"I bet Mindy and Brad knew about this. Those bastards."

"I don't know who those people are Jade but our conversation here is done. Where's Ethan, Jade?"

"Who knows probably in a ditch somewhere. Please tell me the name of that website so I can get it taken down."

"Don't worry Jade the FBI have already taken it down."

She breathes a sigh of relief, "My offer to be your mistress still stand."

"A grifter till the end."

"Money is the only thing I understand."

1 chapter left plus a bonus one.